Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I think it was 2-2 but either way yours were pyyrhic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

there's only three games shown there bitch

Can't even get a 0.69 win%

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Meanwhile, in the PC thread

quote:

It was passable for an early PS4 game but far from amazing and it looks like they haven't improved the visuals at all for 2.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

dashKADE posted:

I bounced out of Destiny just prior to RoI and don't recall anyone up to that point mentioning "skating". I can tell it was some way of exploiting movement types into moving much faster than was intended but what exactly was it? And just how badly was it effecting Crucible for people who didn't use it?

In the 3v3 modes and especially elim/trials the ability to move quickly and get into place first was absolutely critical.

Elsewhere being able to move quickly via skating was especially nasty during the jug shotgun Titan meta, and just in general it let's you close distance through primary fire before you can be killed.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Rasheed Patented Prediction: weapon handling will be a big deal as people discover the best way to blint with double primaries.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
For real though with slow enough TTK I can see a world where it makes sense to start with a first curse and finish with a last word

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Rotten Red Rod posted:

That's not what I'm talking about. In Destiny 1, every expansion they released raised the level cap, which made every single piece of high level equipment you'd worked for now worse than common drops, and made all the (non-strike) previous content completely pointless. So if you bought the game when Taken King came out, for instance, there was no reason to ever touch, say, the House of Wolves arena or the Vault of Glass, as they were now comically easy and didn't drop anything remotely useful.

I mean, I know the excuse is that's the way MMOs work, but in a game that expects you to play the same content over and over variety is key - and they just left that stuff sitting there for no reason.

Still seeing the "20" next to peoples' names worries me, as that was always a strange disconnect - of COURSE they're 20 (or 30 or whatever the level cap is at the time), I wouldn't ever be playing with anyone that hadn't hit the level cap. It's literally the least important piece of information I could see about that player.

Again, this wasn't true at all.

Pvp is for the most part level and light neutral.

The Taken King left behind old guns because Bungie hosed up the perk system and it was impossible for them to properly balance things if old guns came forward.

From TTK on all legendary and exotic equipment could be brought up to the maximum light level. I know I did a ton of outdated content to farm cool guns and infuse them up to the current top level.

There was one hiccup with bringing up old guns requiring a few pieces of new gear because of the way the system was designed, but they fixed it and now you just take a max light gun and put it into an old gun and bam, your old gun is now max light.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Yeah there was a lot of debate at the time TTK was leaving old content behind and to be fair I was firmly in the "burn it all, get new stuff" camp at the time and I remain there.

Some of the old guns were so freaking overpowered that it was ridiculous, and you really didn't have any reason to use any loadout but Fatebringer, black hammer and gjally for PvE. They literally couldn't design interesting content that was capable of being fun with that loadout and a "normal loadout" without those things because the damage difference was insane.

This lead to most group activities having big time gear requirements for what amounted to sitting still and hammering a boss to death in 2 seconds.

Ever since then they've been better about making guns that don't trivialize encounters and encounters that can't be trivialized. It's been good on the PvE side of things so I think they made the right choice to leave old guns and elemental purple primaries behind.

Now pvp has been continuously hosed up because they keep introducing guns that bypass special ammo constraints but it looks like they've gotten the idea for D2.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

eonwe posted:

i was thinking of making my own destiny crew

it would be the Something Awful Destiny Console and PC Friendship League

Get him!!!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

treiz01 posted:

Except in the last thread the console players started to whine after 2 pages of PC related chat, the thread got closed and the new console thread opened up. I saw your post in the other thread about making a common Goon Squad for all platforms and I'm for it.

Edit: Lol, the first response to your suggestion was "Get him!!!"

I am so surprised by this I forgot to be surprised.

Lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
These PC guys are such huge loving dorks I'm glad they get their own thread to discuss hardware issues and rampant cheating on the PC but will still drop by every once in a while so we can bully them.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

eonwe posted:

will u join my crew

You gotta be rowdy as hell

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

texaholic posted:

I wanna see what they did to voidwalkers, looks like the one shot supers are over. I wonder if all supers are roaming now.

If I had to guess I'd say they are like a quiver nightstalker, with quiver going away on nightstalker so they are a true support super.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The weapon and armor icons have to be placeholders, right? They look really flat.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Even the angled icons look bad. I'm guessing there's a new smoother aesthetic but we aren't getting the full production gfx and UI elements just quite yet.

It's a small complaint in the grand scheme of things but it's just kinda weird imho

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Destiny 2: Friendship ended with CIRCLE; now DIAMOND is my best friend

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The John cena wave almost looks like a dude doing the jo/sploosh motion from the back

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Rollin Coal is the best worst thing. It stands against everything I believe in but I kinda wanna roll a dude riding a €6k carbon bike and yell "how bout deez carbons?"

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

trash person posted:

Would absolutely throw down real money to get a rollin coal Sparrow.

Plus if enough players buy it one of the D2 xpacs could be global warming

Can you imagine an xpac in the chyna dead zone?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I've heard that area has some extremely prominent landmarks

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The boss has a huge crit spot

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I need to play on the couch because I literally cannot fit my gear underneath the computer desk if I do something cool like a noscope or triple down

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I honestly don't know if traditional rules apply to paracausal posters

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Test

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

:catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare:

Lmao

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I think I'm gonna cash in my pdx45 for the 57/pb/zen/rb one

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Test guns are stupid easy this week. You'll probably level up just from the 3 primaries and the captain sniper can be done pretty quickly if not.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

lol at doing gunsmith bounties in tyool 2017

They are 625 each after nightfall now. I never did them when they were 250 but when they got bumped to 500 and then the nightfall bonus was added back in hell yeah I'll do the easy ones.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

I don't want any more guns.

I like the surprise. And it is fun to use bad guns in PvE.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Seriously tho I'll do any gunsmith gun that can be done on Siege of the Warmind checkpoint.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

This is my favorite middle eastern cigarette brand

^ thisbposter drinks piss

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Darth Windu posted:

How does wrath of the machine compare to kings fall. I really liked that raid.

One is like a slightly wet poo and the other is diarrhea

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

loving 1v1 me bro, I'll eat your rear end out

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Schizotek posted:

So I'm just installing updates after 9 months away from my PS4. Whats the first thing I should do to get up to speed before D2 comes out?

https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/692155362552778752

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Pretty much the only thing to do between now and launch of D2 is to turn the PC crowd from a bunch of tight-assed sperglords to a solid krew of their own

it might be our toughest task yet

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

eonwe posted:

im just gonna have a fun time IMO

Solid plan

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

el B posted:

I've got 37 gigs of Destiny clips saved on my Ps4. Apparently, that's not a lot according to Bettyspaghetti, but none the less I have a lot of boring 5 min chunks of footage to watch until I get to the 20-30 seconds of actual content I wanted to save in the first place.

A lot of it.... Is not good. But I'm gonna at least share some of it anyway because watching my own sloppy game play beats playing this dead gay game.

I'm pretty positive I already shared my clip of killing three dudes with one headshot in gif form, but I'm sharing it again via YouTube.

https://youtu.be/OjdbpSk0iwI

Here's some of my best footage after a lot of gin and Irish whiskey on a weeknight

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/I%20Stick%20Dudes/video/31659243

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Parthian shot from vanguard is good this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Auto rifles are competitive until you start playi people who can 3 tap you with a palindrome.