Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

el B posted:

Somebody needs a baba and a burpie

Is it me? Do I need those things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

can one of the like ten normal PS4 players tell me the name of the normal PS4 clan? the one that isn't ironically or otherwise obsessed with a children's cgi movie

Goon Button Pressers

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

AAB posted:

man the EDZ preview is real cool

This expansion is shaping up to be pretty good.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Did the old clans get wiped out? In the beta the OG PS4 clan tag still showed up, but I just tried to find it on the Bungie site and it's gone? Or is their website just hosed like it usually is?

Lumpy fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 25, 2017

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Das Gray posted:

Yeah an admin would've had to get on there and make some clicks on bungie.net

Ah, gotcha. Well that's one way to get rid of the slackers in Goon Button Pressers!

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Ularg posted:

After D2 comes out I can to probably deal with Hurricane Irma. :toot:

Should I change the clan tag to [IRMA] in solidarity?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Just a reminder that the PGS thread for old school non-Discord / IRC hot hot Destiny meetups is here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3720896

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

is there a reason you guys can't just accept whoever is applying to your clans? half the posts in this thread are just people saying 'add me to the club'

Don't worry, in three weeks we'll have half the posts in the thread being "okay, most people stopped playing, we need to consolidate the clans..." posts.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

PathAsc posted:

Goddamn, I had the slack but it appears to actually be nambla, guess I'm hosed.

Should have hopped on the HipChat when you had a chance.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Feenix posted:

SO is Xur today or am I misremembering my calendar?

Two days from now if he stays on the same day as D1

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

CheeseFactory posted:

Just a little background that we all players that knew how to aimorder Xims and coordinate as a team.

ftfy

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

RBA Starblade posted:

How do people feel about the grenade launchers? The only good one I've seen so far is the one that fires flashbang grenades. Otherwise I think I'd rather just have rockets.

I love them, but I have used weapons like that and loved them for a long time in FPSes, so I might just be weird. There's one that's full auto and none of the grenades detonate until you let go of L2 that is pretty cool for very niche uses, but generally they are like rockets that are harder to aim, but have the advantage of being able to shoot over cover.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
So are reputation engrams permanently capped at 275? My characters are 284/282 and it now seems pointless to use the Gunsmith as I don't need guns 10-15 light below what I have. Will there be a bump up when I hit 285, or is that it?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Rubellavator posted:

Weapon and Armor mods don't affect rewards. Your light without mods is likely 280. If it were 281 you would get 276 engrams.

Aaaahhhhh! Makes sense. Thanks for the info; it was baffling me!

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Odd that they made the raid only drop Emporer Tokens.

Wait, other people get loot when they run it?? :argh:

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
As people realize that 90% of the people in their clan don't play any more and look for a new one, a reminder that the OG clan is still around:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=2082950

We don't have any fancy services you need to sign up for, no funny kid movie references or anything, so if you want a no-frills clan that just plays w/o much fuss, request and I'll approve you. No need to poop up the thread with "I sent an invite..." posts.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

cvnvcnv posted:

Got an Antiope-D, finally :)

Out of habit, I shard all SMGs (and sidearms) and last night I was doing that without looking really and just as it deleted I read 'Aniop....' :smith:

Although I imagine I'll get another one or ten in the next few days....

Space Hamlet posted:

Maybe some of y'all will dig this video I made about why I dig going out of bounds in these games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUL03-jURIA

This is very cool.

Lumpy fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Sep 30, 2017

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

tyrelhill posted:

trickle down shardonomics

Engrams received from reward packages are only taxed at the lower capital gains rate IIRC.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

A poor workman always blames his tools. Orpheus Rig hasn't been altered at all.

I have it, but have never actually used it: What is it supposed to do (my reading of the perk is that grenade / melee / class ability will charge up for each tether) vs. what do people think is does / did?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Looking for one (maybe two) to fill up a raid group for tonight at 7 eastern. PGS post: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3833906&pagenumber=12&perpage=40#post477173122

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

precision posted:

drat it the Ministry of Silly Walks emote doesn't actually make you walk back and forth, what a waste

I was disappointed, but bought it anyway because of nostalgia. Decrypted a bright engram immediately after and got Salty out of it. So you should buy it anyway as well.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

QuasiQuack posted:

Man, Emperor's Respite is a horrible control map.
If you start the match with A you're bound to win unless some dumbass flips the spawns. (At least at my skill level.)

I played seven games of IB last night: five of them were on Emperor's Respite. AMA.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

You liked the Beta lmao

And you didn't! HOW THE TIDES HAVE TURNED.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

HAT FETISH posted:

Am I going crazy or does bungie.net no longer have any of that fancy per-match breakdown stuff? I wanna see what medals I've earned but I can't find the feature anywhere.

There's a link to it at the bottom of the grimoire.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Zipperelli. posted:

Sadly no. GBP was a great clan.

We still exist.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I turned in my IB tokens, and decrypted the 10 engrams. I got the pulse, the fusion, and six pieces of Hunter armor.

Six helmets.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

RBA Starblade posted:

Remember how sometimes the artifact would just occasionally not come with you through the time gates at Atheon? :allears:

We told you not to run or jump through!

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Severedseven posted:

I hit rank 20 in IB this morning and played the remake Shores of Time map for the first time. 55 matches and only saw it one time, then I got dropped into another match on that map. It's probably RNG but it certainly feels like the matches are weighted against that map.

I seemed to get "streaks" of maps. The first IB session I played I got Emperor's Respite 4 times in a row and 7 of 10 games I played. Took till the 3rd day I played to see Shores, then I got it 3 times in a row, and something like 6 of the 10 games I played.

Bungie: Good at RNG.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Murgos posted:

I completely fail to see how this is any different than giving you the item directly.

Some people will get all the items after 10 matches and never do it again. Others will get frustrated after 50 matches without getting what they want and be annoyed.

Except that with tokens they can drip feed you something almost every match where as with direct items they had to space it out so that most of the time you got nothing.

I think they should add an option to buy something off the loot table of each vendor with tokens. Keep RNG engram at 30 tokens, or you can buy a specific piece of gear with 300 or 500 or something "huge". I'd much rather have played all the IB I did and gotten one thing I wanted instead of the SIX loving HELMETS I got. :argh:

But, Bungie gonna Bungie.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

el B posted:

There is no such thing as "luck."

Luck is what happens when experience and opportunity intersect.

Disturbing if true.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

10 Beers posted:

Well, the Nightfall this week is loving awful.

Once you know where the rings spawn, it's pretty easy. Kill mobs, get in position to ring jump, have someone go through the first ring, move on. We finished our 2nd run with over seven minutes, and it was by no means a Pro Level venture.

The first run is pretty awful though, I'll give you that.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

haveblue posted:

They give you Ikora tokens, she has some unique gear.

So I'll get 37 helmets?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

actionjackson posted:

wait 100 times flawless? wtf

either way tell us more about your incredible e-penis

Having watched Wazzit play Titanfall 2 pvp, you can't handle hearing about his e-penis.

Also, Titanfall 2 has fun pvp if anyone is looking for a game to play.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Johnny Truant posted:

There's no way to get a Foetracer other than exotic engrams, is there?

My RNG is horribly biased towards helmets (see: my post about getting 8 IB engrams and pulling 5 helmets from them) and so to balance you out, I have gotten (and I kid you not) 17 Foetracers. And only a third of my playtime has been my hunter.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Turns out the XboX One X X1 was coming from inside the house the whole time.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

limaCAT posted:

Destiny 2 pvp should have been a mix between Overwatch and Killzone.

Hire this man.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I'm about half way through Osiris story stuff now, and the only thing I don't like about this DLC is that it didn't help me decide if I should play Warframe or The Division instead of finishing it.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Legs Benedict posted:

Monster Hunter is indeed great but I can’t shoot dudes with magic powers in it so

Warframe is great and you have four supers and can use them all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Would you say you guys spend more time playing this game or posting in this thread these days?