Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

precision posted:

Talking of shaders, I think the loot box panic was a bit undeserved considering I've only had the game less than a week and I have like 30 different shaders, half of them Legendary. I think more about the Glimmer cost than running out of dress up options. I throw shaders on guns that I know I'm gonna shard in 2 hours

I was surprised to find myself enjoying the change to how shaders work. In D1 I had a few and just threw on my favourite and that was it. Now I'm actually engaged with the "dress up" aspect of the game in a way I wouldn't be if they were unlimited use :shrug: The slippery slope microtransaction stuff is still a concern in general, and not something a full price game like this needs, but in general I prefer the way it works now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

cvnvcnv posted:

FWC energy scout Pleiades Corrector seems like maybe a winner?

Just got this and have been looking for something to pair with Origin Story (which I am enjoying a great deal), so will have to give it a go.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Tei posted:

I could happily eat this reason/narrative. "Destiny 2 is having so much success, is generating more trafic/load than the server structure can cope for". That would explain about 60% of what I see. For the other 40% I don't think explain it.

I hopped on for half an hour this morning (UK time, which would have been very early morning in most of the US ) when things should in theory have been fairly quiet and still had the tower jank (noone appearing for a while), so yeah didn't seem like it was server load. My favourite tower glitch is fast travelling back to the spawn in the tower and most of the time, for a couple of seconds, my camera starts following a random character as if it were me, before I transmat in. Also I had a glitchy vibrating hawk, but I treat that as a feature rather than a bug. That said, tower jank since the last update aside it's been really stable for me since launch.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Destiny noob question: what the heck am i supposed to be spending all my glimmer on? I seem to be able to infuse and whatnot without making a dent in it soooo?

It costs a little when you apply mods and shaders and some of the NPCs sell some odds and ends (who and what could be considered spoilers I guess) but beyond that it doesn't seem to do much and there's no need to save it up or anything.

Edit: ^^^ didn't know the legendary mods cost that much as I'm not 280 yet :( But you go from 0 to the cap fairly fast just running around doing stuff so still probably never much of an issue.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Mango Polo posted:

Considering that Zavala is basically a machine designed to spew neverending motivational speeches, I'd say he was VERY active throughout the entire campaign.

Read this in a Lance Reddick voice in my head. Think I'm going to do this with all posts from now on.