Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The coop thing was debunked by Bungie this morning. Its just like D1 - a couple of intro missions aren't coop, then the rest of the campaign is coop from the start.

NEOGAF already went through the drama cycle with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Sent a join request for [KINK] with PSN Charrison3774

Figure I'll make a real effort to be more of a social butterfly this time around, and do some raids when they're relevant.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

It may be early guys but I think Destiny 2 might be extremely my poo poo (tm)

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Just wanted to say that I got an exotic ship from an engram that has fuckin' flames on it and makes me transmat in using a Cabal orb and GAME OWNS

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The guy reviewing the game for IGN dropped his in progress score from 8.7 to 8.2 - why? Because his beef is that in the launch week there's just not enough to do at endgame. Please note, based on what he's saying he's creeping up toward like 300 light. It also sounds like he just figured out that grinding public events was the most "efficient" way to get light and then just did it until his eyes bled.

This was my beef with how people acted about Destiny 1 - I legitimately don't understand what they expect from the game. It's like they hate it because they dreamed it would make them literal space wizards and then they find out it's a video game and it crushes their world view.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Like it's pretty clear that the intention is that you don't just play non-stop 24/7. The endgame is built around a weekly cadence, just like WoW is. Do your weekly milestones and you'll get a steady progression of end-game quality gear. If you want to play in between, you can run strikes, pvp, or do world poo poo but it's not going to be huge gains in light like your weekly poo poo is.

It's not rocket science, it's kind of baffling that people seem to be having a hard time figuring it out.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

To be fair the 6.1 is the user score on metacritic, which I guarantee you is entirely people who haven't even played the game bitching about microtransactions while they torrent whatever PC release they want to play this week.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

xzzy posted:

The problem with heroic events is randoms are just straight up dumb. Bungie kind of hosed up by requiring any coordination at all from random people that can't even talk to each other.

Or Bungie's philosophy is that their game is best when players are coordinating and communicating so they encourage people to do that by making sure the best rewards require good coordination.

I'm fine with it, and I say that as someone who spends a lot of my Destiny time solo. It seems like they've gone a long way to provide a path for continued progression if you do solo a lot (at least half the weekly milestones don't require all that much coordination), and look like they're doing a lot to make grouping easier.

They can always continue to make that last part better, but as long as they keep trying then I'm fine with the idea that being on the bleeding edge means you need to actually work with people.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Pro tip, you can get purps by replaying story missions for Ikora, she has her own rep, which I did not realize until today.

They did a really good job of incentivizing you to do pretty much everything.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Legs Benedict posted:

Infusion costs literally 1 shard so if you have over 300 i think you're good

Pretty sure that isn't always true - I think that infusing something with a mod increases the cost.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

So is there a reason beyond fashion to use a set of gear such as the woodland stuff from the EDZ? I've just gone with stuff that looks cool, modded it to be suitable for my abilities and gone from there. Can't tell if there's a mechanic I'm missing on that front.

Secondly, what - if any - progress is shared between characters?

So far the only "set" effects I've seen have been on weapons - usually an exotic/legendary pairing that has some hidden effects. Mida Multi-Tool and Mida Mini-Tool, for example, give you a big mobility and reload speed boost if you use them together.

For progress between characters, most of it is in terms of gear - you can freely share exotics between characters, and your light level on one character will also pump up the level of engrams you get on alts.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

Nice and simple, cheers. :)

This has grabbed me in a way that the first game didn't. I'm still struggling to get to grips with the Crucible's pace, and that world map loving exploded with new stuff when I finished the campaign, but there's a great eb and flow.

Reputation currencies also appear to be account wide, which I didn't know and is pretty nice.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Daric posted:

Lol welp I accidentally disassembled the Drang so I guess I won't be completing that quest

I think you might be able to buy another from the planetary vendor where you got it. Works that way for the other special legendaries.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

actionjackson posted:

Sentinel ward is kind of poo poo since there's no weapons or blessing of light now

The version that you can crouch behind is p. good because it auto-reloads your weapons. Particularly when you're doing some kind of defend the point objective, you can just lay down an incredibly steady stream of fire anywhere in front of you. Like, you literally have to duck down for a nano-second to fully reload your weapon while you're behind the wall.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

poptart_fairy posted:

Why is there no Nightfall matchmaking, ugh. If you can let me attempt a solo run, a quick group shouldn't be out of the question._.

Nightfall didn't have matchmaking in D1 either. I think it would be fine again if they had a weekly milestone for strikes, but they don't for some reason.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Honestly aside from leveling to 20 a bunch of poo poo is shared between characters so it's kind of the opposite of "stick with one" mentality

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

I mean if you hit a plateau this week literally just wait like 24 hours and you'll have easy access to like 3-4 powerful engrams that will shoot your poo poo up before raid time.

If you're 270 after week 1 then you're probably just fine and way ahead of the curve.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

So am I missing something or is personal clan xp contribution not incrementing? Is it impossible to hit the milestone if you logged on and your clan already hit the weekly cap?

Because that kinda sucks

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

elpaganoescapa posted:

Do public events not count toward clan xp? I did a bunch yesterday for the milestone and they didn't give any clan xp.

I think PEs only count if you're in a fireteam.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

givepatajob posted:

If whoever is in charge of approving new members to BONE KREUX PART DEUX would please click the box to get me in, I would appreciate it. I know the game is dead, yet I want to reap the rewards of other clan members hard work weekly.

Same, actually. I'm dumb and bought another copy of the game for my BONEX

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

The best part of Gambit is definitely when 2 members of your team drop and you can spend the next 15 minutes just jacking off in the spawn.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

So is Blind Well the only other way to unlock more specs? That kinda sucks, if so - the suggested light is 540, and getting tier 2 is preeeetty rough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Daric posted:

Probably because most people took the striker class as it’s the most flashy and then it’s a real bitch to unlock the others after that.

So some people were positing that there would be another unlock quest after reset - is that happening?

Because if not, man locking that poo poo behind T2 blind well really loving sucks