Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I've played through all the content that was free with psplus and still understand basically none of the game mechanics. Is that normal? Also what version of the game am I supposed to buy to keep going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm not good at shooters so I just run around with a grenade launcher in 2 of my 3 slots and punch people when I run out.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's safe to buy just forsaken now right? I don't have to get the old expansions.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Is that post about destiny? I understand none of that.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Just picked up Forsaken for 15% off in the ps store

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Forsaken add-on conveniently comes with a free level 30 character that skips over 2 expansions so I can have even less of a clue what the game is about.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I played a match with a fighting lion grenade launcher. I can't hit poo poo but the 2 kills I got with it were hilarious.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Adventures in me having no idea what's going on in the plot. I started up the first mission of Forsaken. I'm in a cutscene watching some guy die for real I guess I'm not sure how these ghosts are supposed to work. I have not played the first game or the first two add-ons to this game. I'm wearing someone else's face over my face because of the Halloween event. Bungee probably wants me to care about this dying man.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Last night I watched a top 500 Clash player win a literal 1v5 encounter with a Fighting Lion and Stompees

It was neat

Do you have video of that? I've been trying to get the hang of it just because I love how the be gun looks but I got 2 kills with it in 3 matches

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I want to like haunted forest, but I can't see poo poo. My entire team managed to walk off the same cliff last night.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

So if I'm playing on PS4 how do I take footage of a match and trim it down to just me winning the match at the last minute by killing the entire enemy team with a nova warp? Also what exactly is supposed to be the down side of nova warp because it seems ridiculously over powered. I think I got 3 kills and 1 assist against the guy on the other team that went 47-4 so I'm glad to have spoiled the fun of the guy that was actually good at the game.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

hippieman posted:

Never underestimate my ability to see 2 team mates die, and see 3 red blips on my radar around a corner and chase after them.

Same except pop nova warp and kill an extra guy I didn't even realize was there.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Legendary sharts

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I got a fighting lion right when I upgraded to forsaken and by the time I got to level 50 it had fallen behind enough to be noticible. It's the only thing I've used cores for. My strategy of making up for lack of skill with shooters by constantly exploding works surprisingly well.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

So it's not just me that can't see poo poo? I turned the brightness all the way up and couldn't see whatever symbol I was supposed to using to adjust the brightness.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm in the low 500s when do I actually have to know what any of that stuff is

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

One of these days I'm going to remember that fighting lion isn't a one hit kill weapon.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Nothing like getting a double kill 10 seconds into a match with a handheld supernova and then not contributing for the rest of the match.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I don't know my first game went significantly better than any of my later rounds too. Maybe some sort of level scaling thing.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

As a late comer to the game it's really frustrating learning the mechanics of all the different game modes. There's pretty much no in game documentation of anything and half the poo poo I Google ends up being based on what the game was at launch.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

So there's a guy that just sells exotics? Is this mentioned in game anywhere or are you supposed to just stumble across him. Also every site I've looked at seems to think fighting lion is a random drop but I feel like it was just given to me for free at the start of the Halloween event.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

https://youtu.be/i-fMCj2lhR8

Ok

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I suck at crucible so bad. I was at .6 kd and I'm slipping even further because I'm trying to line up headshots for ace of spades.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

xzzy posted:

I constantly die to base level adds because I'm diving into masses of enemies like I'm doomguy. Because when you make it out alive it owns.

That's how I play too, but at least I'm constantly making GBS threads out orbs. I'm pretty sure most of my deaths are by misadventure though. Am I supposed to be doing something special to get exotic engrams or am I just unlucky?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Is there any activity I should be focusing on for exotics. I feel like I should have gotten one by now.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I got the fighting lion ornament and it looks like poo poo I feel like they should have swapped the regular and ornament appearance around because plain fighting lion looks so badass.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I managed to die in 2 different vehicle collisions in the same strike. Then I got trapped in the geometry so bad the game got confused and showed me the full team wipe screen. After the strike ended I was walking somewhere took a wrong turn and managed to walk into another instance of the same strike so i ended up completing it a second time. I am not good at this whole walking thing

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Well i saw a guy get a queensbreaker in a strike tonight so I at least know for sure that these exotic engrams actually exist. Also I actually managed to shoot a guy with my fighting lion and swap to a hand cannon and pop him in the face while flying through the air in one fluid motion it was so satisfying considering how often I forget to even try to finish someone off until it's too late.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

This game has raids?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Is Bone a goon guild? I guess I have played with goons before. I should actually team up with someone at some point

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I have no idea what the meta is, but if I swap away from fighting lion in order to do a bounty I always pull out my wardiff coil instead. Even without a catalyst if there's more than one enemy in front of me they all die.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm at 598 light level still not a single non guaranteed exotic

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm pretty sure those stats are just a placebo. I've got 10 recovery and don't notice a difference.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Being able to nova warp twice in an 8 minute rumble match is hilarious.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I play rumble because it let's me dick around without having to worry about dragging my team down. Also I have trouble telling if someone is on my team or an enemy. I've definitely improved a lot at pvp over the past couple of weeks.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I got a kill in Gambit from wildly missing with telesto and dying and then the guy who killed triggered the explosion trying to pick up the motes off my corpse.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Here's an old clip I forgot to upload of me flailing wildly and getting way too many nova warp kills:

https://youtu.be/QQhjZTh1mgE

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I hope all my bros got their non heavy kills for whatever bounties before thunderlord lol

They can get plenty of kills shooting whoever tries to use thunderlord in PVP.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

What is xim? Is it the reason I keep getting blown away by people baseball sliding around corners with perfect shotgun aim?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I find it easier to grind out bounties and quest steps in Rumble. The good players seem to stick to other game modes and it's much easier for me to not have to worry about anything other than shooting everything in sight.