Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The Guided Gaming thing looks less like full-on LFR as it is "we're an established group that needs a sixth," so it probably won't dumb down/eliminate mechanics like LFR does in other games. It basically seems to be catering to "I'm good enough to raid but need a group right now" more than "I'm a dumb gently caress who wants to queue into coordination-based encounters with 5 other people who can't communicate with me."

Seems like a decent compromise, especially if they incentivize picking people up through it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Inverted spire looks fun

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I just noticed the map callouts displaying, that's a neat idea

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

I love the obsession with hidden secrets people have online. Not just about Destiny but in general but in this case yes about Destiny.

Has Destiny ever had a real hidden secret thing? When was the last time anything had some secret ARG thing? Seems like forever.

Figuring out the outbreak prime thing involved ARG stuff iirc

Edit: specifically figuring out the canister puzzle

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Black Spindle would barely count. I forgot about Outbreak Prime because I mean, it sucks.

How DARE you

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I think it looks Good. Just my opinion

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Heroic nightfall will have zero/limited revives. The end

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Rotten Red Rod posted:

My point is that it wasn't fun to play the old content. You just steamroll it. And I know about infusion, but raising the level cap still nullified a lot of time and effort people put in to get their gear. I really want to know how they're addressing that.

If they hadn't, people would have used nothing but fatebringer/black hammer/gjallarhorn for three years and you'd be complaining they did nothing to incentivize using new weapons.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

xzzy posted:

Nah, player created names are always the best.

Like "a-hole" to describe that broken hole in the wall next to A on rusted lands.

Or butthole on dungeons.

TF2 had a map with callouts of "house" and "poo poo house" which I thought were very accurate

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

cvnvcnv posted:

Literally my favorite hatemail to receive :kimchi: :swoon:

Thank you for saying something so completely disagreeable that Sony mods were all over it in less than two minutes after reporting lmao

How is reporting messages real hahahaha nerd just walk away like nerd close your eyes hahahahaha

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Seriously tho I'll do any gunsmith gun that can be done on Siege of the Warmind checkpoint.

Keep a checkpoint at the end of Silent Fang for fallen too imo

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

And pal, he's anything but light!!!! Folks,

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

They don't even know what the Darkness is.

Luke Smith posted:

We didn’t know what it was, and we, for a period, we chose [that] we’re going to lump all the races [in together], and you see this in the tooltips in the game. “Minions of the darkness.” And we had taken all the races and said, “Ah, they’ll just be The Darkness.” But that’s not what the IP deserves. It’s like, literally not.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'll be honest, the story was entirely unimportant to my enjoyment of destiny. The moment to moment gameplay and doing strikes/raids with friends were what kept me interested. I don't even remember who Mara Sov was. The queen of the purple people or something.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Schizotek posted:

People who think a fourth element type would be based off the traditional "earth-wind-fire" poo poo or "the darkness" are dumb. The 3 current elements are based off three of the four fundamental interactions of matter. Void is gravity, Arc is electromagnetic, and Solar is the strong interraction. That leaves the weak interraction responsible for radioactive decay. Assuming they ever add a third element, it'll be based on radiation and will probably be green glowy poo poo.

I'm sure they put that much thought into it.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I bet that cool asterisk shaped ship from the trailers ends up being the raid emblem, ever since crota it feels like every raid/baddie needed a symbol of some kind

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Real Sequel means you add some new reloading animations and a tacked-on minigame, you heard it here first.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The best one will always be running Gail the Snail Solo Player out of the bar/thread.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

limaCAT posted:

Worry no more guys, they really dumbed the game down for PC Gamers!

and

So...they either are going to make some guns really rare, or they're removing the treadmill.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

My theory is they'll start doing weapon perks as prizes so like you get:

Luck In The Chamber - works on hand cannons, sniper rifles

As a random loot reward and you can replace a perk from the regular tree with it. Only way I see them keeping the carrot on the stick.

They'll be like attachments, you can only have one on a gun, using it binds it to the gun.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

BlindSite posted:

I'm the guy bitching about poo poo game design and bad RNG and still playing thousand or so hours.

I am that guy as well, too

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I don't think they'd put self res back in. I'm interested to see the alternate super for solar warlock.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Early verdict: this is really good

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The story mission instanced segment where you get paired with other people was a cool moment

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Auto rifles seem really good in crucible. Grenade launchers, not so much.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

el B posted:

Welp, I'm stuck in the first mission. Right after the part where you help Zavala. I ran to the speaker, and Ikora never showed up :/ so after thirty seconds I went forward, then Ikora starts doing her dialog. Apparently there are enemies I have to kill before I walk through the doorway. The door is now closed and I'm on the other side, where the boss fight is supposed to happen with no way to trigger the fight. Gg Bungie

[Destiny 1 voice] It's a beta

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

im the giant starship from the future still using exposed mechanical turbines susceptible to small caliber bullets

I'm the unbeatable space warriors whose source of power is a big exposed globe hanging around doing gently caress all to defend itself from anyone

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

DrNutt posted:

Pretty sure the speaker is gonna die and Bungie thinks we'll care for some reason.

Nah, we didn't see him die so they're gonna Swerve us with him being a bad guy

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Ape Agitator posted:

Feels kind of average, like an expansion pack. Also, for some reason, the Scout rifle feels very weak in PvE. It's an odd feeling.

I didn't enter Destiny until Taken King and maybe I'll do the same here.

I don't think they're releasing Taken King for D2

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Policenaut posted:

Don't worry I'm sure Oryx had a grandfather or something that we can go gently caress up in Year 2.

He had another son that we never saw, I forget his name

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I can attest that Totoro's crew is really laid back, good to play with, and loving loves guns. I've always had a good experience pugging with them.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Please don't clown on a guy for trying to be nice. We must act in solidarity in this, the hour of our extremity

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Effort Is Good

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Blind perdiction

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

haveblue posted:

Blind Perdiction

Owned nerd

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

Ok gently caress this stupid game, I'm officially out.

It's Meltdown May.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

How's it work for Amazon. Why is there all this weird bullshit on what Exclusive Preorder Package gets what Exclusive Preorder Garbage.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

it looks like every pre-order gets the gun, ghost, and emote.

Oh...well I stand by my stance that Exclusive Preorder Garbage is dumb.

Hulk Krogan posted:

*20 pages of bitching about the beta*
Everyone: guys I need help figuring out where I should preorder this

lmao

Such is the nature of addiction...so tragic...

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

[Patting limited edition copy of Destiny 2] Oh this? Got her back in '17. Got a hell of a deal on the financing, too. 2% APR, got her in under invoice, too. She'll be paid off in March

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I've been playing FF12, I regret nothing.