Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

"We want abilities to be rarer" makes me sad and nervous I gotta admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I liked the beta. Wanna fight about it

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

It's timed for right when the yellow bar charges you. I love it!

(they use the Aksis music way too goddamn much in RoI though. I think they only have like 3 pieces of music for it?)

RoI is an extended exercise in stretching out salvaged leftovers from prior development (ATTN Waffle Guy: maybe a coded reference to the fallen, the main villains of RoI???? Further research needed), so that's not a surprise.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

can one of the like ten normal PS4 players tell me the name of the normal PS4 clan? the one that isn't ironically or otherwise obsessed with a children's cgi movie

I'm in a clan with some irl friends which conveniently lets me avoid all that, join up on me a few times when the game goes live to see if you like them maybe?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Can't believe you wouldn't credit Gideon Emery with his greatest role: Balthier, in the hit video game Final Fantasy XII

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Oldstench posted:

Someone recommended to me a good headset for PS4 so I can call you a dumb rear end in a top hat when I get killed.

The PS branded gold ones are good, platinum if you wanna drop $$$ on a more durable band.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

PS Gold headset is great. Don't believe any fat heads who say it breaks. Works on PC too.

I loved my PS gold but it did snap. Best headset I've ever had though so I splurged on the platinum to replace it.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I preordered through Amazon, have never done that before. Am I going to get a package on the release date or something?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Hulk Krogan posted:

You should get one of the flawless emblems the first time you zone in. The amount of salt from guys who got there legitimately paid for a carry in D1 would be incredible.

How dare you. Buddy, I got carried for free.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

DasHangman posted:

With less than a week until launch, I figured now is a good time to hop in this thread. The hype train is real, read the OP, just wondering what the preferred way to play with goons is. Some of my best times in D1 were playing with goons.

I'm on PS4, so my options Rad Dad Raid Brigade or BIG DUM SPACE MANS? Is there a preferred clan to join?

Honestly, what worked great for me in D1 was just adding a shitload of people from the thread to PSN friends. I knew and played with cool people from five or six different clans that way, and it opens up more "hey we need one more" chances.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm going on vacation on the 8th and when I get back everyone is gonna be way kitted out while I'm running through story missions as a lil baby noob

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Kilometers Davis posted:

Or, brace yourself for this, there could simply be options for different play styles.

There are. Every feature in D1 beyond raids and nightfalls supported solo play. Try to imagine doing Oryx in matchmaking. Hell, imagine doing any fight in KF in matchmaking.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

[Matchmaking group stuck for an hour at totems because TimBaseball0122 is afk at the room entrance] Ah, this is the way it was meant to be

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Jesus, I'll still be on vacation then. They wasted no time there

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

What did BTRD stand for? My brain always tried to read it as Beyond The Red Death.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

That's stupid, and now I'm sad I know the truth. Never meet your heroes

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Real exotics should offer bottle service.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Ahamkara either use the worms or access the darkness gods directly, they aren't the worms and they aren't the darkness gods.

Knowing this for sure relies on Bungie knowing what the darkness definitively is, which they don't, so who fuckin knows

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

cvnvcnv posted:

I feel like they do and are going to slowly reintroduce the the concept after some distance.

They directly said they didn't, which would mean efforts to tie the worms or whatever would be pure retcons (not to say they won't do that):

Luke Smith posted:

Schreier: Tell me the truth. Is it because none of you have any idea what “The Darkness” actually means?

Smith: So, I think that at a point, just totally candidly? We had no idea what it was. Straight up. We had no clue.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Waroduce posted:

Dope.

I think I will get flashbangs, max horizontal movement and punch people in the face

You can change any of this at any time so don't stress about it. Most players eventually make one of each class, which lets you play as anything in the game.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I also like to hold soft drinks in my mouth for hours on end without swallowing.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Cool, I have a 20mb/s connection on my ps4's network test but the 6 gig update is downloading at 200kb/s, I didn't want to play today anyway I guess

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Last I heard WiFi on PS4 is broke as gently caress and to connect directly to your modem if at all possible.

Unsure if they unfucked it.

This is over a LAN (powerline adapter, but still). It's really loving annoying though, since this was really the only evening I was going to be able to play until the 18th.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

turn the internet on and off on your ps4, usually does it for me

I got mad and unplugged my modem for 5 min which fixed it, yeah.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I keep seeing people say how they've gone forever without a sparrow at endgame. Does everyone not get a free one as part of their Congrats On Beating The Campaign social space victory lap?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Ghaul is basically the antagonist of The Incredibles. He was, surprisingly, the thing I liked least about D2 in going through the campaign. Everything else has been really fun though. I got a nice high impact scout rifle with explosive rounds from zavala and it carried me through the last third of the game.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

I snapped up the Nightshade from Zavala as it was my favorite kinetic gun in the beta and it didn't disappoint. How are the other two guns he offered? I think the auto was called Origin Story but I can't remember the name of scout rifle.

The scout rifle is loving great.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

HampHamp posted:

I think that one refers to a region chest. There are also icons for lost sectors, which go dark after you recover the chest from the sector.

Do these chests and sector chests respawn?

I did the tutorial one in EDZ a second time right after I dinged 20 before I went to bed last night.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

RBA Starblade posted:

Speaking of which is Rasputin involved in the plot at all? A y/n will do.

Nah

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Long answer: they mention him a few times but he's not a major factor of any kind, my guess is they're saving focus for the warmind expansion

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

There's also multiple new types of cabal, it's not recycling just because it's the same setting and alien races. D2 has felt, at least initially, like D1 with most of the pain points removed and most of the fun bits beefed up.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I thought it was a nice touch to have the music seamlessly shift to the theme of whatever expansion you were looking at in the adventure summary cards for returning players.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I want that exotic slug rifle that penetrates phalanx shields and does bonus damage to cabal real bad.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Why does it take a gazillion years to find a crucible match

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FordCQC posted:

Gunsmith rep

Holy poo poo, that's a good perk for general usage.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I got really pumped because I got a pulse with the Hawksaw model and archetype last night, but it turns out it sucks rear end in crucible. I still can't give up Scathelocke with a scout rifle in the energy slot.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Y'all are gonna be clan lvl 5 in, like, a week. My clan has 9 people lol

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

What LL do you think we'll need to be for the raid? I'm thinking 265 or 270.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Father Wendigo posted:

Just completed the story.

So the big 'half a game' DLC that's going to be about a year from now and be $60 usd despite being a DLC is going to have us fight the tremendous Avatar of Jizz, Gahul. I'mma be honest, of all the possible Destiny 2 outcomes, I did not see that.

Seriously, the boss is going to be a Servitor of Spunk.

A Massive Mountain of Man-Gravy.

And the filler enemies are going to be spoogified bizzaro-taken enemies.

If the DLC reward isn't a Hand Cannon, Sword, or Grenade Rifle called 'The Moneyshot,' then gently caress video gaming in general - and not in the fun, consensual way.

Did you see the part where he died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Is anyone else using scathelocke? I haven't played in a couple days, but I keep going back to it. It's just a very satisfying, effective gun.