Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Emron posted:

The Guided Gaming thing looks less like full-on LFR as it is "we're an established group that needs a sixth," so it probably won't dumb down/eliminate mechanics like LFR does in other games. It basically seems to be catering to "I'm good enough to raid but need a group right now" more than "I'm a dumb gently caress who wants to queue into coordination-based encounters with 5 other people who can't communicate with me."

Seems like a decent compromise, especially if they incentivize picking people up through it.

I agree. It eliminates one big problem with matchmade games- no one is in charge of the fireteam. A boot button is a huge incentive to not be a lazy dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I didn't watch the reveal. Was there any mention of how big the patrol spaces will be?

The Earth zone was described as the biggest, twice as big as any existing zone. They also said there will be much more stuff to do out in the zones than before.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
PS4 doesn't need a vocal pride movement.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DrNutt posted:

Please tell me there is a good story about why Luke Smith got banned.

That wasn't actually Luke Smith.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FishBulb posted:

Has Destiny ever had a real hidden secret thing? When was the last time anything had some secret ARG thing? Seems like forever.

There was an ARG surrounding the Outbreak Prime quest and a few things have popped up in the game with no announcement or clues (like the Black Spindle or NTTE encounters).

With modern online communities it's almost impossible to give every player their own personal discoveries any more.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, everything in the videos looks kind of... unadorned. Maybe because it's natural to compare it to the ornate Destiny 1 endgame stuff, but lots of the guns look smooth and boxy as well as the armor stuff already noted. Maybe everyone's playing with blues?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I think he meant a clause in one of the leaked Activision contracts approving a project that had something to do with the Marathon IP. I don't think there have been any public announcements ever traced back to that.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

el B posted:

People in the old thread: Maaaan, gently caress sparrow racing!

People in this thread: WE GET TO PLAY SOCCER IN THE FORREST!!!! !

Smh if you don't want to play Rocket League with actual rockets

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So when a gun drops, is it already tagged as kinect or energy? Or do all primary guns work in either slot and suppress their element if they're equipped as kinetic?

Do the slots share ammo?

TTK is definitely up, someone earlier said that a lot of one-hit kill situations have been removed.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i mean, a lot of ohk situations are gone by virtue of making most of the ohk weapons effectively heavies

Yeah, and I think it was reported that getting stuck by a grenade will no longer kill you.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Really, they should have from the beginning given a bullshit space magic reason that guardians can't talk and sidestepped this whole problem.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Spiv posted:

Just your guardian really. Any non-player Guardian talks. Also your guardian does talk. Might wanna play those early missions again.

I know you *do* talk sometimes, I'm saying that you shouldn't have. It would have saved them the trouble of hiring and recording all those different VAs and players would never have had a reason to snark about their character not talking if it had been written into the fiction that they didn't.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
You do realize that when stuff gets cut it's in a state that would still take months of work to become releasable, right?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Roman posted:

There's a screenshot of people playing soccer in the settlement on earth

And like two seconds of it somewhere in the stream.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Maker Of Shoes posted:

People will just run around with it pre spooled just like people do now with fusion rifles.

More like a persistence AR if it soends ammo while spinning up.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No reviving in Nightfall sounds terrible, who wants to be the guy deciding whether to spend 15 minutes soloing an encounter or kill yourself and start over with all 3.

the good fax machine posted:

Obviously I haven't touched the game yet, but I'm having a hard time imaging a scenario where a fusion rifle would be the weapon of choice for the power slot. I can maybe see running a shotgun or sniper in PVP, or definitely a sniper in some raid encounters for example. But why use a fusion rifle, even if the damage gets turned way up, in a world where rockets and grenade launchers exist? Other than to just gently caress around?

Because each power ammo drop gives you 1 rocket or 5 fusion shots.

Fusions are already kinda useless in PVE so maybe their behavior has been changed in some way to make them more attractive.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Spiv posted:

:bravo2:

Pretty sure those reveal videos only had light level? Not in a position to double check fake news facts though.

In screenshots you can see that players have both level and light level listed. Given that it's a near-certainty that gear still has a level gate.

e:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Some Zero posted:

Did anyone see if heavy synths are still a thing and do they require 45 seconds of loading and menus to access?

No reason they wouldn't be since it's only on PCs and current consoles where it's 10 seconds rather than 45

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Spiv posted:

Close the thread. It's over.

EDIT contribution: I would also like to see some radial wheel. There's too many good options that are moment specific to just keep clapping, or laughing, or bowing, to everything.

Don't even need a radial wheel, just enable reassignment of the other slots.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I wonder if there'll be a year 3 moments of triumph, or if the big book was basically it. I had no problem completing the last two as a nice little primer for the upcoming new release. The difference being that the MoT books were manageable in like a weekend, whereas that big fuckoff AoT book is, to me, a big "nope".

The big book is it. It's deliberately not manageable in a weekend because it was supposed to last until D2.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No more out-of-game Grimoire cards

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

-UI color seems to be determined based on subclass, so Striker titan has blue icons, Gunslinger has orange, etc. This is extremely good if you are a dummy like me and frequently forget what subclass you are playing.

I hope they have a plan for colorblind users, should probably change the shape as well.

Also I definitely heard somebody say that they were moving back to more of connection based matchmaking, but I've been watching/listening to so much of this crap that I can't remember what the source was. Fingers crossed, anyway.

This is far from the first time they've said this, it's the stock answer for when they get cornered about it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

super macho dude posted:

Is limiting PvP to 4x4 a good thing or a :bungie: thing? Asking for a friend.

They say it's been done to focus a bit more on teamwork over attrition. I doubt there's a technical reason for it. No way to see if they've succeeded until a lot more people are playing and with more modes and skills levels in the mix.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Long crucible writeup

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Bolt Caster :woop:

And that's every exotic :woop: :woop:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FordCQC posted:

what is the source of this gif from?

The original Twin Peaks

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
They didn't have weapon cosmetics for the base game or TTK, but now that they do it would be a good way to allow for both easily attainable gameplay variation and also rewarding people who got lucky or did something difficult. They're already doing this with the AoT raid armor, now they just need to tie the weapon ornaments to challenges too.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DrNutt posted:

Unless something has changed in the last few months, you no longer carry engrams in the appropriate weapon or armor slot, but instead have a max of 10 engrams. So either engrams are going to be much more rare in D2, or they no longer expect you to grind out strikes in the hopes for better drops.

Where did this come from?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Schizotek posted:

So I'm just installing updates after 9 months away from my PS4. Whats the first thing I should do to get up to speed before D2 comes out?

Come to terms with your character's face

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I can't remember the last time I saw my character's face

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Wasn't there only like 2 times in Reach where you actually had to fly somewhere?

There was only one time, although it's a fairly long multipart sequence.

e: There are plenty of terrestrial/airborne vehicle sequences but only one controllable spaceship sequence.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Now I want to play the halo games again but not to go unpack and reconnect the 360, help

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Can't find it in the PSN store

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PathAsc posted:

Also, is there some magic reason that all other sparrows go faster than mine?

There are 3 classes of sparrows, basically- most basic legendaries go 150, special reward sparrows (faction drops etc) go 160, and the two Y1 raid sparrows have a special overdrive mode that you can feather to go much faster at the risk of exploding if you screw up.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I thought it reset enemies that got knocked off map?

Only some enemies where they don't want you to cheat like that (captains in WOTM), it definitely works on the flayers.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
All that was probably triaged during the worst of development. It was probably the right call- good shooting and encounters with bad storytelling is better than the other way around for a game like this.

What they should have done with all the planets was what they did with the dreadnaught in TTK, which was to withhold patrol mode until a destination's story was fully settled. Then they have the freedom to make major changes to the region over the course of the missions and don't have to be compatible with free roam all the time. Seal stuff off until it's earned, put things in the world that random players not on missions don't have to see, etc. Hopefully the open world aspect of D2 means it's closer to this.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

limaCAT posted:

Lol that Bungie will not reveal anything new at E3. (Except the successor of the Bladecancer).

It's guaranteed to get a chunk of someone's main event (most likely Sony's). I don't know if that guarantees new stuff but if there was going to be some it wouldn't necessarily be pre-announced.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

if a lobby has too many roaming supers to reliably suppression them i'll still bust out the PI. sucks we got a year 3 icebreaker but PI got left behind. what else hadn't they brought forward? is that it?

With the raid weapons from AoT, that's literally the only exotic not brought forward.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

PathAsc posted:

My walking simulator has a dog and is generally free.

Terrible drops tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

texaholic posted:

Was mass effect andromeda any good?

No

quote:

I see alot of people playing Horizon event?? on my friends list.

Horizon Zero Dawn is real good but not like Destiny at all.