Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackfyre
Jul 8, 2012

I want wings.

Stormgale posted:

I am interested to see how destiny 2 feels with KB + Mouse and will wait before I decide to buy this game on PC

This makes sense.

I will say the UI felt.... uncomfortable on the last beta, UI and world even felt a bit more distant and small than D1. Might be better on PC.

Shame about PSN content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tei posted:

Thats .... 6 raids every week, counting you will make one character of each class in every platform. You can do a raid every day of the week, and in the 7th, rest.

Thankfully we have come a very long way since vanilla Destiny and it's no longer necessary to run 3 characters per account just to be able to hit max level (without even mentioning the people that went beyond that and deleted characters and ran the raids again just for upgrade materials.) I'll be playing PS4/PC as well, but I only have time for maybe 2 raids a week, tops. It's better that way. I don't have any doubt that the game will be good, but I can't have it consuming every little bit of my free time.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Unless things are just dire on PC this is certainly where ill be.

Kromlech
Jun 28, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Stormgale posted:

I am interested to see how destiny 2 feels with KB + Mouse and will wait before I decide to buy this game on PC
:same:

waiting on reviews

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I was just gonna wait till the beta.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

the good fax machine posted:

Thankfully we have come a very long way since vanilla Destiny and it's no longer necessary to run 3 characters per account just to be able to hit max level (without even mentioning the people that went beyond that and deleted characters and ran the raids again just for upgrade materials.) I'll be playing PS4/PC as well, but I only have time for maybe 2 raids a week, tops. It's better that way. I don't have any doubt that the game will be good, but I can't have it consuming every little bit of my free time.

You're still dedicating time to 2 characters across 2 systems. It's a bit much.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vintersorg posted:

You're still dedicating time to 2 characters across 2 systems. It's a bit much.

Nah. I got an xbone before rise of iron came out and maxed out a character on a fresh account in less than a week. That was the whole point of my post, that the grind is nowhere near as terrible as it once was. And PS4 will still be my main account, it's where all my friends are. I'm just buying on PC to experience the superior version.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
just preordered

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

eonwe posted:

just preordered

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I never played D1 and for some inexplicable reason might have been drunk or something have preorder for digital deluxe edition.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
The only reason I'll be playing the PS4 version is the inexplicable six week release date difference. Once the PC version is out that's it forever for the PS4, I'll probably give it to my nephews or something.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'm afraid I won't be able to resist either...

but the poo poo CAD keeps me away since games are $80 + taxes.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

The only reason I'll be playing the PS4 version is the inexplicable six week release date difference. Once the PC version is out that's it forever for the PS4, I'll probably give it to my nephews or something.

Congrats on getting owned lmao

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm probably going to dip both, here, just because it looks like an extraordinary amount of my friends who play competitive Overwatch want me as a tour guide. I may end up playing the PS4 version less as a result, which seems pretty par for everyone I've talked to.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Vintersorg posted:

Preorder through Amazon and get your beta access without having to pay a cent

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Don't have any extra money to spend on games after buying four GeForce TIs so I can play on a TV with horrible input lag

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

moist turtleneck posted:

Don't have any extra money to spend on games after buying four GeForce TIs so I can play on a TV with horrible input lag

:sad:

Xenolalia
Feb 17, 2016

Vintersorg posted:

not being able to use CAD in battle.net makes me so salty. there's no excuse not to offer it.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

moist turtleneck posted:

Jesus you loving noob, you utter dipshit. You've tipped your hand, everyone knows that Nvidia has quietly shelved triple and quad SLI! YOU'RE NO PC GAMER :smugdon:

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
Pre-ordered on amazon after getting my new laptop. 60 fps pc versus 30fps on my non-pro ps4 is a no brainer. I can wait a month.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

moist turtleneck posted:

You've moved on from video card driver shitposting

I'm proud of you

Perhaps if you built a time machine and spent your $499 on a PC and not an xboxone you'd be alright. Now you gotta spend another $599 on an xboxonex. :shobon:

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jul 31, 2017

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

You've moved on from video card driver shitposting

I'm proud of you

Perhaps if you built a time machine and spent your $499 on a PC and not an xboxone you'd be alright. Now you gotta spend another $599 on an xboxonex. :shobon:

Man for $499 and $599 USD you could have a bangin PC that would still be kicking rear end and taking names 5 years from now

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
You'll all be crying when I can play the same game from three generations of Bone in three separate rooms

Meanwhile y'all gonna be crying about tick rebates or whatever

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
By play you mean watch forced ads on your xbox dashboard which chain-crash the device, right?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

At least an xbox won't reboot for a system update in the middle of a crucible match.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

xzzy posted:

At least an xbox won't reboot for a system update in the middle of a crucible match.

You'll just get fined for swearing when a XIM user owns you with his superior aiming method.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Joke's on you, I'm the XIM user.

And who the gently caress enables voice chat with randoms anymore, that's loving gross.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

xzzy posted:

I love how your retort sounds like an old person's horror story about windows.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

treiz01 posted:

I love how your retort sounds like an old person's horror story about windows.

Something that happened last year is an old man story? Are you 6 months old?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP31lluUDWU&t=30s

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

xzzy posted:

Something that happened last year is an old man story? Are you 6 months old?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP31lluUDWU&t=30s

Lol only beta cucks don't have Windows configured so that updates happen only when they want

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

And only consoles don't need to be reconfigured to do sensible things.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
pls stop engaging this unfunny dummy in our nice pc thread

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

xzzy posted:

And only consoles don't need to be reconfigured to do sensible things.

At this point consoles are basically Fisher Price babby's first computer, except they do less. If you want to extol the virtues of consoles you can go circlejerk in the other thread.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

treiz01 posted:

At this point consoles are basically Fisher Price babby's first computer, except they do less. If you want to extol the virtues of consoles you can go circlejerk in the other thread.

I was enjoying some hilarious good natured ribbing until you showed up and got all serious about it. Why you gotta be such a killjoy?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

treiz01 posted:

Stop being mad.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Consolefags got so mad about 2 pages of PC chat that the old thread got shut down, so feel free to go gently caress yourself!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Quote is not edit

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

the good fax machine posted:

T-shirt code if anyone wants it:

T17-HYT-PPF-Y74-4AC-6RT

If anyone wants to pretend they not only played the first Destiny, but poopsocked the hell out of it, be my guest. You have to go on the Bungie store and find Age of Triumph shirt. It's like $700,000 without the code, so it's a pretty good deal if you're into that sort of thing.

http://i.imgur.com/pqC5tmb.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

treiz01 posted:

Consolefags

You can stop any time you homophobic weirdo.

• Locked thread