Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Ahem, the correct term is contards, but here on this dead gay comedy forum we are all goons. :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I for one think that if the OP of this thread cannot control himself to such a degree, that shows how poor the quality of the people on PC will be, and i shall take my preorder on the Sony Playstation 4 Pro Entertainment system instead, where me and my nice console friends will have a good time together as guardians.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

I'll take it, if only to avoid hurting the feelings of any delicate flowers

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I for one think that if the OP of this thread cannot control himself to such a degree, that shows how poor the quality of the people on PC will be, and i shall take my preorder on the Sony Playstation 4 Pro Entertainment system instead, where me and my nice console friends will have a good time together as guardians.

Can you loving do it quietly instead of announcing it like a teenage girl quitting facebook?

treiz01 fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 1, 2017

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
the d1 thread, which was a console thread obviously, was a loving trainwreck though, it was almost entirely filled with self identified pvp pros crying about how bungie needs to disable skill based matchmaking so they can stop getting owned

in a game where pvp is a complete joke even compared to garbage like cod

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

treiz01 posted:

Can you loving do it quietly instead of announcing it like a teenage girl quitting facebook?

nice meltdown

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

xzzy posted:

nice meltdown

If you're gonna be this lazy with your trolling, just stop.

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

OP please don't.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Snapes N Snapes posted:

OP please don't.

Shhh is okay bb

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Let's join hands and pray for literally any kind of D2 news so we can get to a new page and not have to look at this pathetic slapfight any longer

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

sup

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Zo posted:

the d1 thread, which was a console thread obviously, was a loving trainwreck though, it was almost entirely filled with self identified pvp pros crying about how bungie needs to disable skill based matchmaking so they can stop getting owned

in a game where pvp is a complete joke even compared to garbage like cod

It's not stop getting owned, it's stop getting red bars in the lobby.

Just wait, you'll see

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Like, you can literally determine exactly how good someone is at destiny pvp based on how annoyed they get at red bars

People who suck at pvp are in the shitlord bin where red bars aren't an issue

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

treiz01 posted:

To be a honest in the last few days we had announcements from fellow goons that they would have preordered the game on both console and pc and that they would have played the console version until the pc one was available. Apparently announcing where you are going to play is a valid point of discussion.

Zo posted:

I assure you will feel at home with Bungie's global networking system. Hope to see you on the battlefield with Omar, José and John from Sidney.

Yo

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
On the other hand

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Like, you can literally determine exactly how much someone is good at being a penis waving trials of osiris idiot based on how annoyed they get at red bars

People who aren't sperglords about Bungie's poo poo networking are playing better PvP games where red bars aren't an issue

Rasheed, be honest. After half of the Taken King everyone who cared about his own sanity should have just stopped pushing the crucible button.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

limaCAT posted:

On the other hand

Rasheed, be honest. After half of the Taken King everyone who cared about his own sanity should have just stopped pushing the crucible button.

I stopped playing anything but sixes with bros at such time

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

treiz01 posted:

If you're gonna be this lazy with your trolling, just stop.

no.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wondered why this thread exploded. It was dumb console pc bullshit.

Consoles suck but more people have 'em, done.

Besides, everyone knows real gamers use VR. Where's your VR, Xbone?

Orv
May 4, 2011

PerrineClostermann posted:

Consoles suck but more people have 'em, done.

In a thread full of retarded console wars bullshit, this is pretty far up there on the dumb scale.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Orv posted:

In a thread full of retarded console wars bullshit, this is pretty far up there on the dumb scale.

Explain further.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Explain further.

It doesn't really matter who owns more of what, that's not a predictor of how many people are going to play on each platform. A lot of people are going to buy it on PC because it's Destiny on PC regardless of potential problems, a lot of people are going to buy it on consoles because console shooters. Buy it where you want, play with your friends.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Orv posted:

It doesn't really matter who owns more of what, that's not a predictor of how many people are going to play on each platform. A lot of people are going to buy it on PC because it's Destiny on PC regardless of potential problems, a lot of people are going to buy it on consoles because console shooters. Buy it where you want, play with your friends.

is this a reasonable post??? in the PC thread?????

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

xzzy posted:

At least an xbox won't reboot for a system update in the middle of a crucible match.

Yeah, the Xbox will just boot you out of your current match to pop up an update prompt.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Orv posted:

That's not what my post was about but okay? I don't disagree with anything stated in this post. Good job.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Fame Douglas posted:

Yeah, the Xbox will just boot you out of your current match to pop up an update prompt.

Yeah this is bad and I got owned by this, I'll call it like I see it

Orv
May 4, 2011

That's not what my post was about but okay? I don't disagree with anything stated in this post. Good job.

Sorry, I didn't bother to read further back than a couple posts for context because christ this thread.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah it got stupid.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Destiny has a rich history of OPs melting down in their threads

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

treiz01 posted:

Consolefags got so mad about 2 pages of PC chat that the old thread got shut down, so feel free to go gently caress yourself!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol nice meltdown

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

*looks around nervously while credit-carding out several lines of powdered waveforms*

Oh hey uh...this uh...yep, this is a thread. Can't wait for the PC release so I can get some game file analysis on. Hope Bungie's got god-tier code obfuscation.

Heh heh.

*snnnrrrrrt*

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

treiz01 posted:

Consolefags got so mad about 2 pages of PC chat that the old thread got shut down, so feel free to go gently caress yourself!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lmao there it is

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
be good to each other, all.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
It's good to be bad

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Is this game supposed to be any better/more developed in it's systems than Destiny 1 because I feel like that game wouldn't have sold on PC nearly as well because it was just so basic. I bought it for PS4 and played it for a week or so before getting bored of it.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Can't wait to feel how Destiny is on the ol' mouse and keyboard.

Will we have a Frozen themed counterpart clan to our console friends?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Vaah posted:

Can't wait to feel how Destiny is on the ol' mouse and keyboard.

Will we have a Frozen themed counterpart clan to our console friends?

lol

I keep the lights on in the "PS4" Discord for not just console players, but everyone; I kinda intended it to be a more stable and centralized gathering place for any goons or goon-friends
interested in Destiny on whatever platform. Feel free to hop in and shitpost/antagonize us or whatevs:

https://discord.gg/s3bu43s

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
please join the discord, i think all the PC people should use it

its filled with nice and helpful people and its already pretty active right now

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Can confirm its a cool place

Insane Totoro
Dec 5, 2005

Take cover!!!
That Totoro has an AR-15!
Pretend I posted a Moana song lyric here that expresses how cool our Discord is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReverendDre
Apr 1, 2006
TheOneAndOnly

I, for one, am happy to see the thread eating itself. It reminds me of the happy old days of LFGing Crota. Carry on, carry on

• Locked thread