Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Weeping Wound posted:

this one doesn't have a frog in it, so I can safely assume that this is twice as sincere

macron's name is clearly in the picture

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i keep finding spanish neoliberal memes that i can't read :(

it's amazing though how the word neoliberal is in spanish too despite it having absolutely no meaning

Condiv has issued a correction as of 15:39 on May 23, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Bushiz posted:

Neoliberals have that same problem that libertarians have where they believe that the only way a person can object to their ideology is if they are a) stupid beyond measure or b) bad faith actors. Like they think people being exposed to the gospel of friedman will spontaneously rewire the normal human brain to understand the brutal abuses of the global south are for their own good.

it's amazing how they think sweatshops are charity. are there any funny sweatshop memes?

:shepicide:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Helsing posted:

So another day, another article that out of nowhere is celebrating r/neoliberal, a subreddit nobody had heard of a month ago. I wonder if this is just econ journalists getting super excited by the idea that kids these days are turning to neoliberal memes or if somebody behind the scenes is actively trying to push this crap into people's newfeeds as part of a broader pushback effort against "extremism".

In this case watch a economics professor trying to pretend that FDR and paleoliberals are actually neoliberals.

It's remarkable watching somebody with a PhD trying to stretch the term neoliberal so broadly that it covers both the New Deal and the people whose central political project was rolling back the New Deal.

ah, that's why neoliberal means nothing. cause neoliberals want it to mean nothing.

• Locked thread