Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017
how legit are the people who make neoliberal memes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Stexils posted:

the most basic tenets of humor are subverting expectations and highlighting the absurd, so when your ideology is based around satisfaction with the status quo and doesn't actually stand for anything your jokes are going to be about as cutting as a suburban mom's facebook

i think that's the joke
neoliberalism is something you would never expect to see memes about, so it's absurd

and i must meme
Jan 15, 2017

Helsing posted:

So another day, another article that out of nowhere is celebrating r/neoliberal, a subreddit nobody had heard of a month ago. I wonder if this is just econ journalists getting super excited by the idea that kids these days are turning to neoliberal memes or if somebody behind the scenes is actively trying to push this crap into people's newfeeds as part of a broader pushback effort against "extremism".

would lol if the CIA is funding neoliberal memes

• Locked thread