Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
heck yeah it is. given those examples you probably like drawings of huge, elaborate scenery and that is probably the best part of blame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Pierson posted:

It's just one of those things in how the art style has changed a lot since early Blame! and how events needed to be cinematic but I wish they'd hewn closer to the older style for Sanakan the same way they did Killy and Cibo. That first scene of her manifesting among the transformed colonists was baller as gently caress.

Xy might know the answer but I just took it as early concepts later scrapped. It would still work though even if they were intended: The kid like you say could easily have had either the gene or the potential for the gene, and the girl could have been the last member of his support team to keep up with him, or from an organisation he met along the way that had a similar goal. We know he was wound up and let go by somebody (probably as a last resort), and volume one was so much earlier in the journey (those timescales again) it's possible he still had contact with them.

killy has been traveling for so long that he probably had a bunch of companions over the years.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
after seeing nihei's take on a teenage love comedy i am down for anything. it is a safe bet that aposimz will get really weird and that's great.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sure, silent dead technoscapes with minimalist storytelling are good, but that doesn't mean that nihei should keep writing minor variations on blame.

• Locked thread