Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
They did good adapting it to make things fit into the running time.

I especially appreciated Killy's 0 charisma, how quickly things go 0-100, and every time it swerves away from obvious setups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Yeah, they're a specific faction/culture of cyborgs that universally deploys as much stolen Safeguard tech as they can. There's other cyborgs around, but they generally don't have access to The Good poo poo, and they don't make it their way of life. Bioelectric has accessed and reverse-engineered a lot of The Good poo poo, but hoard and centralize it instead of putting it on EVERYONE the way Silicon Creatures do.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

To confuse matters further, it has charge levels!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Megafunk posted:

I had no idea Nihei gave so much extra background details in interviews. Any other sources/interesting tidbits that you guys know of?
IIRC, the main power source for the city is gravity impellers, which are pushed by neutrino flux.

Rime posted:

had my face blown off
Precursor Identified.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

There was a somewhat abstract BLAME! net animation from a while back where the elevator woman identifies herself as Cibo, and I quite like the interpretation that the whole thing was a look at Killy's damaged and fragmented memories, where in an effort to hold onto significant information he's been mashing similar things together, so all significant women allies in the past have been merged into his internal concept of Cibo.

• Locked thread