Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mantis42 posted:

Go then, there are other threads than these.

An the 2020 election is closer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I did not hear or see any advertising for this at all. Was there much? I had no idea it had finished filming, even.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Gerald's Game sounds like it would have fit right in on like a 90s "quirky" premium cable anthology that allowed/showcased boobs. Maybe even the 90s Outer Limits.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Who was that hot lady in the control room with no lines who Matthew McConaughey said was hot? I assume that she and Fran Krantz had multi-picture contracts the studio wanted to pay off.

Also, did Roland just leave all those kids at the top of that mesa with no way to get back to their home dimensions? That's cold.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Doctor Malaver posted:

I see most of you know the books. I don't and it makes the movie even worse as nothing is explained properly.

There are multiple worlds, but nobody knows how many? How can they not know that... Aren't there portals among all those worlds? If there aren't, how do they even know that there are other worlds? Why don't we see them, at least at a glimpse? What world is the tower on? Who built it? Is anyone repairing the damage? Why do evil guys kidnap kids from Earth when they have kids in their world? And who are they anyway? Demons? Zombies? Humans who support the evil (why)? Why does the sorcerer want to basically destroy the universe when he's already the most powerful guy?

I'm sure King tied it all together nicely in the books, but in the movie it sounds totally random and unoriginal. Anyone in CC could come up with a universe that makes more sense.

Also I don't like that the Gunslinger's world looks exactly like ours. If it's a different planet then at least make the sky green or animals different or whatever. This is just lazy.

And they just left those kids on that mess with no way to get back to their home universes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The first Dark Tower book is peak young cokehead Steve. I haven't read the revised version, but I'm guessing it's less nuts and therefore bad.

• Locked thread