Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

super sweet best pal posted:

Yeah, that's why it's so strange they're doing it now and not back in the early 2000s when the success of the LotR movies would've had producers looking for fantasy serials to adapt and King was still a pretty big name. The poster in the OP doesn't even have a big "Stephen King" prominently splashed along the top or even anywhere, which is half the point of adapting this over paying way less for another sci-fi/fantasy series by someone unknown to non-nerds, his name used to be free advertising.

I remember in the early 00s there were a lot of attempts to get an adaptation of The Talisman going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

I don't think we need a canonical justification for why some people would think it would be cool for a character named THE GUNSLINGER who's entire thing is supernatural revolver prowess to have a cowboy hat when he has almost always been illustrated wearing one.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Kong: Skull Island got away with A LOT, to the point where it wouldn't surprise me if this could do one head shot with blood and still be PG-13 if that's the only instance of blood in the movie.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Fart City posted:

I know the shot you're taking about. Weirdly the blood wasn't in the trailer before Spider-Man, but was in a spot shown during a commercial break on ESPN. I'm assuming it will be PG-13, but they might still be adjusting the levels of violence in the final cut.

This reminds me of the differing standards websites have for when they show clips of upcoming movies and stuff. Like there's a promo clip of Fury Road from when they're driving through the canyon the first time and Furiosa is shooting down the bikers, and the actual gun firing/bits of them getting hit are edited out.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Darko posted:

This was basically The Talisman with Roland from book 3 in it. What the gently caress.

In the early 2000s there were a bunch of attempts to do a big adaptation of The Talisman that never happened that IIRC Ron Howard was also involved in, and he was first talking about this Dark Tower adaptation in like 2012, but I was surprised The Talisman itself never got adapted to film since it's a good book, has Stephen King craziness, and is about a kid getting sucked into one of many possible other versions of the world while on a magical quest to save his mom. Like there's your huge franchise starting movie.

The Gunslinger would have made for a pretty straight great adaptation too. I still wish we lived in the timeline where we got lightning in a bottle mix of a director and Kurt Russell in the late 80s for this.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Aug 4, 2017

• Locked thread