Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Wizard and the Glass was my favorite too. I hope they do it justice (They won't).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Song of Susannah was absolute poo poo. I could not wait for that book to end.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yeah, read them in order. The first 4 are really good.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Im as big a DT fan as anyone, but I think we all know this movie is going to suck. It's a drat shame.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

RedSpider posted:

I knew this film was going to be a disappointment the moment they cast Idris Elba as Roland.

Ahh the racist take, please go on...

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Like someone said earlier, they could have just done a straight shot for shot adaptation of The Gunslinger, and it would have been great. Cut a few things here and there, but just use Roland's journey across the desert until he meets the Man in Black at the end. It would have been perfect. It's really hard to believe how badly they hosed this up.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

It's not, no.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Hell yea.

Fart City posted:

I'd love to see a proper adaption of N. It's King doing Lovecraft, and it loving rocks.

This too. I just read it, and loved it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sammus posted:

This was terrible. The first Dark Tower book is boring as gently caress (and the rest aren't very good either)

Why would you even watch this movie if you have this terrible opinion? Get lost, nerd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

Well, I finally watched it and it was as not good as I had heard.

Just curious, did you hear anything other than "one of the worst movies I have ever seen?" I don't think I've seen anyone say one single positive thing about this movie.

• Locked thread