Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I was watching TV with my gf the other night and the trailer for this showed. She commented 'what the hell was that' before I let her know it was an adaptation of one of my favourite book series by my favourite authors. You're goddamned right we are gonna go see this.

I don't have much expectation, but I read an AMA with the director who at least seems like an actual fan of the books. However, I just can't see how this is going to be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
So I finally say this last night. I had read everything on here and review sites and thought ‘it can’t be that bad’ Well, yeah it was pretty bad. Nothing to add to everything else here really. It was bland, rushed, elements from the book were thrown in and discarded quickly, the portals were dumb, the fight scenes were boring and holy poo poo, that ending. The actors for the main cast were fine, but they didn’t have much to work with.
I know the story is huge, but if Jackson could do it with LOTR, someone, someday will be able to take this on and do a better job.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
Film was ka-ka.

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

College Slice
That all sounds mad as hell, no idea how they could have done that and not made it confusing as hell unless they had about 100m more and another hour...goddamn was the final result a dry turkey.

• Locked thread