Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
The fact they didn't use the first page of the DT comics as a storyboard for "the man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" and chose to go with a black screen instead is straight up criminal. Like, the comics weren't great, but they nailed that first page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Yeah, they could adapt 1-4 for dirt cheap (3 might get a bit pricey with the Lud stuff, I guess.)

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I honestly feel like a good writer could mash wolves into a reasonable movie and "the dark tower" could get stripped down to an outline and rewritten better but that it still leaves "song" hanging out.

I can not imagine any possible way that even one second of song could get filmed that made anything resembling a movie anyone would watch. wolves and tower have a lot of work to make them good but at least have some seeds where you can see what they could work from to fix things, song just seems like there is not one single story beat that could even remotely make it into a film.

Like you can cut out the lightsabers in wolves and say "well the loop part is cool and there is an IT spider" in dark tower but there is no conceivable thing you could do to song that makes any of it filmable.

Counterpoint: the grocery store shootout was pretty cool.

• Locked thread