Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

It's a very lazy crutch to use Jake as a fish out of water so Roland can explain the stakes and setting of his strange world from the start rather than letting us slowly discover things through natural character interactions. Not necessarily that this will be the case but if Jake is really the framing character then this is likely the reason.

It's going to be a lazy, formulaic movie that's indistinguishable from a superhero movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If you needed a professional critic to tell you that the Emoji Movie was going to suck then you're probably dumb enough to like a movie about emojis to begin with.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Just watch a Jodorowsky film and listen to a few King Crimson albums and that will be a better adaptation of the books than this will be.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

At least IT looks like a good Stephen King adaptation.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I think the public has been conditioned to the idea that sometimes Stephen King adaptations are bad and don't represent the book's quality.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I can't believe Stephen King would lie to us about this being a good adaptation.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Did you mean to post this in D&D?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Go then, there are other threads than these.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Personally I don't care for movies that need other, non direct sequel, movies to resolve their subplots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

The Gunslinger should've been directed by Jodorowsky decades ago.

• Locked thread