Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Seaniqua posted:

My hope for this movie being decent is hovering around 15%. But I'm going opening night and you better believe I'll be making drunk thankee sai jokes

I think this movie looks like complete boring poo poo but even I don't think it'll be rated THAT low. That being said idk how they managed to make a book series about total mindfuck locales and time/reality warping look so painfully generic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

probably would have been better off back when this was a series starring Javier Bardem

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

I think people are underestimating how much old people LOVE anything with Stephen King's name on it. That'll put some asses in seats if nothing else. He hasn't written a better than average quality book since he stopped doing coke but that doesn't stop his books from selling A LOT. The latter day airplane read stuff he cranks out now does numbers. No way of knowing if that will translate to a decent opening for DT (doubt it).

Idris is just milking his current status as "that Black actor in mostly supporting roles that everyone likes despite having seen almost nothing of his work" before Mahershala Ali takes over. Also I think he comes off like that in all of his promo stuff, regardless of what movie it is.

The diversity nod is nice, but honestly I would've rather seen this happen with William Fichtner as Roland (I think he got floated as a potential pick back around 2000).

agree on every point here. Elba is okay but I really loving love Ali in anything he's in. Elba just comes off as bored in any clip I've seen. I didn't know how bad I needed Fichtner as Roland til you mentioned it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

this, Gerald's Game, and IT are all in theaters this year and I'm willing to bet that the worst book, Gerald's Game, turns out to be the best film

Sony if you want to really make money with Stephen King properties do one of the Bachman Books, preferably Running Man or The Long Walk

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

business hammocks posted:

Gerald's Game sounds like it would have fit right in on like a 90s "quirky" premium cable anthology that allowed/showcased boobs. Maybe even the 90s Outer Limits.

I'll probably see it when it comes to the Alamo's Fantasticfest next month, just out of morbid curiosity. Carla Gugino is in it.

The Jaunt would be a fantastic "short" a la Pixar to show before the main feature. Long Walk is my dream King adaptation, preferably made by someone like Haneke in black and white, but a super hosed-up neo-nightmare Running Man would be sick.

• Locked thread