Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

bushisms.txt posted:

The trailer is bad and this is my favorite book series. If the plot is actually about the nebulous tower falling, then I want no part of it. Just looked generic and stripped of almost everything that made it unique.

That's my issue really. The books aren't exacting lacking for evocative imagery or scenes but they somehow managed not to include any of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerilPastry
Oct 10, 2012

Diabetic posted:

I know it's a small thing, but going back to interviews with Elba and McConaughey, Elba looks so bored in the interviews like he wants to distance himself as much as possible. He also said he did next to no research on this, that just along with the mess of this movie really piss me off because the Gunslinger was my gateway to King's writing and my love of reading as a whole. I consider LotR my favorite story but Gunslinger is forever my favorite book, despite the silliness of the later books in the series.

Everyone hates doing the promotional tour. I wouldn't hold it against Elba, in particular.

Going by the reviews his and McConnaughey's performances are the only bright spots in this bland piece of poo poo.

• Locked thread