Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Vakal posted:

It's been awhile since I read the books, but I thought that whenever Roland used his pistols it was a pretty big deal, like something that would only happen once or twice in each novel.

From the trailer I'm getting a Star Wars vibe where lightsabres battles were treated with reverence like a samurai duel in the OT, only to become a overused spastic glowstick fest in the prequels.

He doesn't have a lot of bullets in the books. I always liked how he explained just how loud they are and what a big deal it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
They should've saved McConaughey for the Tick-Tock Man.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The director seems like a fan, but what an impatient story. They mix in elements of all the books like they were sure they were never visiting the world again. Dark Tower is meandering, but they didn't need to play it like the "greatest hits". I'm not under the impression that you have to make a straight adaptation for a different medium, but why ignore inherently cinematic elements? Book 1 is like the complete opposite of those stories people say are "unfilmable".

• Locked thread