Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RedSpider
May 12, 2017

I knew this film was going to be a disappointment the moment they cast Idris Elba as Roland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Diabetic posted:

Mads Mikkelsen would've been my current pick for Roland.

Scott Eastwood for me. :chord:

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

Guy Mann posted:

Between this and Lady Ghostbusters, Columbia/Sony seem to be doing a pretty good job using superficially progressive casting to get people to market their terrible blockbuster franchise-starters for them.

This film is going to flop just like that Ghostbusters film did for being terrible.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

18% so far on RT lmfao

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

I hope this film ends Idris Elba's career.

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

So how long do you think it will take before they remake this with a better cast and director?

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

crime fighting hog posted:

Seems the consensus is to watch it at home for 3 bucks with beers to dull the pain and skip the theater?

Just skip it entirely (not the beers though).

ZorajitZorajit posted:

It's a fair write up of Goldman's questionable filmography but I'd take issue with the continued insistence on ripping into Batman & Robin. That movie deserves some re-evaluation as a camp piece and the gay interpretation of the characters courtesy Schumaker. It's an intentional film, which the usual critiques miss either absently or willfully.

holy poo poo this is a hilarious post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedSpider
May 12, 2017

I'm glad this steaming pile of poo poo was a critical and commercial disaster. Hopefully we'll get a proper adaptation with better direction, writing, and casting within 10 years.

• Locked thread