Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The trailer is bad and this is my favorite book series. If the plot is actually about the nebulous tower falling, then I want no part of it. Just looked generic and stripped of almost everything that made it unique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Guy Mann posted:

Also unless the trailer is pulling a fakeout framing the story through Jake finding a portal to another world instead of Roland finding a kid from modern America in the middle of his Heavy Metal postapocalyptic western hellscape seems like a huge misstep.
I think this is just a reimagining of when Jake dies and comes back. I usually have no issues with a movie based on a book, but in the trailer, the kid asks how they're going to save the world (s) from a falling tower, who the gently caress cares about that? Really. I know audiences need a goal, but that was what made the books so unique, not knowing why he even wanted to get there, or what would happen. The line just ripped all the hope out of me that they would try to keep the movie as a selfish endeavor by Roland, who gives no fucks as long as he gets to the tower. I knew I wasn't getting Dr Doom robots, but this is the real disappointment.

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 20:05 on May 29, 2017

• Locked thread