Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Hodgepodge posted:

I think the idea is he has a lot more ammo after they get to Earth?

When came through Mort's mind in NYC, he bought a few boxes of ammo, but it seems like he and the others used way more than he bought after the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Basebf555 posted:

Yea bullets were really in short supply in Mid-World, I think as far as Roland knew the ones he was carrying could have been the last in existence. In one of the early books there's a whole thing about him drying out his cartridges after they got wet because they were so precious.

That and he wore a bandolier. In the movie, it looks like he has a bunch of speedloaders on his belt.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I went to the Movie Spoilers page and read the spoiler for TDT. I am so glad I decided to skip this.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

business hammocks posted:

The first Dark Tower book is peak young cokehead Steve. I haven't read the revised version, but I'm guessing it's less nuts and therefore bad.

I think he only fixed continuity errors and some scenery bits.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

As long as they forget the movie exists...

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Yeah, they could adapt 1-4 for dirt cheap (3 might get a bit pricey with the Lud stuff, I guess.)

It would be easy to CGI New York into Luid.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Well, I finally watched it and it was as not good as I had heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Phylodox posted:

Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey were very good in their respective parts, and I would love to see more of them in better movies.

We saw different movies.

• Locked thread