Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Saw this. Massively disappointing. They churned out an underwhelming YA slog. This felt more like a boring, confused Maze Runner knock-off than anything related to the books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Seriously that novel could basically be used as-is as a screenplay and be good.

I don’t think a movie like that could be made today, especially not by a major studio, especially especially not based on a property like The Dark Tower. The Gunslinger would need to be an Italian film from the 70s (like Sergio Leone and Dario Argento’s bastard love child) or pure 80s DTV schlock.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

RCarr posted:

Just curious, did you hear anything other than "one of the worst movies I have ever seen?" I don't think I've seen anyone say one single positive thing about this movie.

Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey were very good in their respective parts, and I would love to see more of them in better movies.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Basebf555 posted:

I did like what they came up with for the way Roland takes out Walter though, how he deflects a bullet with another bullet. It was a great way to show Walter's powers are limited and that he overestimates his invulnerability. When it comes down to it he's just a magician with some dramatic tricks.

It’s also a hell of a way to show how inhumanly skilled Roland is.

• Locked thread