Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
hi PYF i would really like to purchase meself a nice robot vacuum cleaner that is reasonable about navigating my flat

i've looked into it and apparently roomba is the brand to go for, but their stuff costs a lot of money. my budget is something like 400 dollars. thank you very much in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cox MD
Sep 11, 2001

Listen Up, Newbies.
They're fine. Be careful if you have a pet that could poo poo on the floor. Your robot will smear it all over the place.

Also they don't work on black carpets, as they think they're falling off the stairs.

photomikey
Dec 30, 2012
It's not a vacuum, it's a sweeper. Vaccuums suck, and the robots just spin a brush. On hard floors, it works well. On carpets, not so much.

You should have a lot of options < $400. Costco has the super Roomba model for less than that. Woot! was known to carry refurb models in the $150 range, but I gave up on Woot! years ago.

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
I have a Eufy that works well for my purposes. We have hardwood floors with some flat area rugs. The main thing to remember is that is not a complete replacement for a real vacuum cleaner. You should give your floors a good clean before you start using it and then it really needs to run every day to keep things clean.

I have long hair and it's great for keeping tumbleweeds from forming. It also is great motivation to keep your house picked up so that nothing is laying around on the floors.

Ours is scheduled to run every day at 11am and it's one of the dumb ones, so it just goes until is battery is too low and then stops. No, it doesn't hit every speck of floor every day, but over 7 days everything is hit probably 5 times.

• Locked thread