Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Welcome to the long awaited Stellaris LP!

What is Stellaris?
You know those Paradox Interactive guys who made Crusader Kings 2 and Europa Universalis IV? Well, in 2016, they took their strategy game knowledge into space. So instead of playing as a historical nation on Earth, you're playing a spacefaring empire starting in the year 2200 AD, exploring the mysteries of the galaxy and meeting alien empires.

I know how popular Paradox's strategy games are in the LP community, and I hope not to disappoint.

Who are we playing?
The United Nations of Earth, except we're using mass drivers instead of the default race's missiles.

Are you using mods?
Nothing that changes the gameplay too much. Here's the mod list:
  • Beautiful Universe 2.0
  • Cat Portraits Dimorphism
  • Cybrxkhan's Assortment of Namelists for Stellaris
  • Enhanced AI
  • Federation Leader Notification Mod
  • Flags: Emblems & Backgrounds
  • Fox Portraits Dimorphism
  • Guilli's Planet Modifiers
  • Increased Anomalies 25%
  • LEX - Leviathan Events Xtended
  • More Events Mod
  • More Star Classes
  • Updated Complete Colors
  • War Name Variety

Will there be audience participation?
Somewhat. At the end of each post, a few proposals will be introduced to vote upon. Ship design proposals may also be submitted when asked for. Don't make any facist, communist, or other authoritarian proposals; these will more likely than not get your representative recalled.

UPDATES

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Jan 1, 2200

It has been several years since the invention of the warp drive. The United Nations, the planet's ruling authority, has guided the planet out of the Great Plague that killed billions. Recovery is going well, with the population at 8 billion. Most of the working population are employed in energy production, mineral refining, and food production, with a small subset working on research. The UN has identified some areas of Earth that can potentially increase Earth's output, once the skeletons of dead cities are cleared out.

The UN has five warp-capable ships at the moment: The construction ship UNS Doolittle, the scientific survey ship UNS Gagarin captained by none other than Ludwig Dietrich, the "father of the warp drive", and the First Fleet, composed of three G-100 "Anaconda" class corvettes. Right now, the Gagarin is making a test run, surveying the Solar System. If any resources are found on any of the planets, moons, or asteroids, the Doolittle will be able to construct automated mining and research satellites.

In the close vicinity of Sol, there are several stars that have yet to be surveyed by mankind. The Alpha Centauri and Sirius systems are said to have habitable planets, but they will need to be surveyed before any colonization efforts can begin. While only science ships can survey planets, any ship can add stars to the UN's charts.

The current president is Dolores Muwanga, from Somalia. She has been said to be an excellent navigator of the planet's markets, and has proven to be quite the strong and healthy woman. This is her first ten-year term as President. However, she is just one branch of the UN's government. The General Assembly holds the legislative powers of the government, and private enterprise still rules the economy.

The UN's scientific research and development organization is divided into three departments, each headed by leaders in their respective scientific field. José María de la Cruz leads the Physics department. He is considered one of the foremost minds in modern computer science and theory. Societal and biological research is headed by Jolan Fehér, author of many papers on genetics. The Engineering department is led by Tatyana Zhivenkov, who has been rumored to master any new technology within mere weeks.

It's a big galaxy out there, and the new chapter of humanity is about to begin.

GENERAL ASSEMBLY
In this first assembly of the new century, several proposals will need to be voted on by the representatives.

The first proposal is whether to focus resources on creating planetary production buildings, on mining and research satellites, on expanding the Fleet, or saving for colonization.

The second proposal involves choosing the next star system for the Gagarin to survey next. The choices are Alpha Centauri, Sirius, Barnard's Star, Procyon, or Zac'zon.

Finally, we need to choose a project each for all three of our science departments to work on.

Vote in replies.

Danny Glands fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 21, 2017

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
fair warning to anyone who wants to pick terraforming because it sounds cool: it costs too much to use until decades after the start. database uplinks is also a tech you don't use until much later in the game, since it requires your science ships to be parked over your inhabited planets instead of out surveying.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
My only vote is that Tatyana gets to drive the science ship and we hire someone with a better perk to lead engineering.

alcaras
Oct 3, 2013

noli timere
Do we just vote in thread?

Not sure how much you want to minmax but if you do...

> Mining Satellites (not Research yet), though maybe hold off until you get Prosperity if you're playing with Utopia, with a colony soon after

> Ideally should be running the fleet around split into 3 to scout for systems with habitable planets and survey there first

Research wise:
Improved Spaceport (Coilgun isn't important until we're at fleet cap, and we can get it from wreckage)
Planetary Unification
Field Modulation

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010
Nanomechanics
Planetary Unification
Field Modulation

Concentrate on building Orbital Mines.

Early investment in mineral production is going to pay off in the long run.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

alcaras posted:

> Mining Satellites (not Research yet), though maybe hold off until you get Prosperity if you're playing with Utopia, with a colony soon after

> Ideally should be running the fleet around split into 3 to scout for systems with habitable planets and survey there first

Research wise:
Improved Spaceport (Coilgun isn't important until we're at fleet cap, and we can get it from wreckage)
Planetary Unification
Field Modulation

Agreeing with this post

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

alcaras posted:

Research wise:
Planetary Unification
Field Modulation

This sounds good to me.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

alcaras posted:

Research wise:
Planetary Unification
Field Modulation

I'll go with this.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

sparkmaster posted:

Nanomechanics
Planetary Unification
Field Modulation

My vote as well. And let's get those mining satellites up and running. I'm also voting to reassign Dr. Zhivenkov to a science vessel to try and get a scientist for Engineering with a research mod. And as far as where to survey next, I don't really care about the order so long as we survey the systems in our borders first because we can't build resource-collecting satellites outside our borders.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Tsk tsk the Milky Way isn't an elliptical galaxy! My immersion! :v:

We should build a second science vessel ASAP so we can get more surveying and such done. Speaking of Surveying, Survey whichever system has the larger inhabitable planet first

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

sparkmaster posted:

Nanomechanics
Planetary Unification
Field Modulation

As the thread appears to be going for minmaxing this is my vote (I like Stellaris but it's pretty sad that it has basically one optimal way to play the early game)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Since I'm not up-to-date with the game mechanics, is it at all possible to propose aesthetic changes, i.e. planet, ship names?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Samovar posted:

Since I'm not up-to-date with the game mechanics, is it at all possible to propose aesthetic changes, i.e. planet, ship names?

If it has a name, you can change it.

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

sparkmaster posted:

Nanomechanics
Planetary Unification
Field Modulation

Also I'm pretty new to the game, will you be going into the explaining some of the strategies you do during the LP? An informative SS LP would be a great.

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

sparkmaster posted:

Nanomechanics
Planetary Unification
Field Modulation

I concur with this post, with the addendum that space construction should be largely dependent on what we find out there (if there are any amazing tech sources that we discover, I recommend taking them - same with really good energy producing planets).

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Get Planetary Unification so you can gain more influence and switch ethics/civics to fanatic purifiers sooner.

EDIT:

Danny Glands posted:

Somewhat. At the end of each post, a few proposals will be introduced to vote upon. Ship design proposals may also be submitted when asked for. Don't make any facist, communist, or other authoritarian proposals; these will more likely than not get your representative recalled.

What does this mean? Are we not voting on things relating to, for instance, xeno relations and species rights?

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 15:25 on May 21, 2017

sparkmaster
Apr 1, 2010

Weavered posted:

Also I'm pretty new to the game, will you be going into the explaining some of the strategies you do during the LP? An informative SS LP would be a great.

I've played Stellaris off and on since it came out. Here is my logic for my choices:
Physics (Blue): None of these choices are really great. We probably won't be facing an energy crunch for some time, so that makes the solar panels and new power plant somewhat less than useful. However, the research assist is even less useful right now, considering our science ships will be out there surveying systems for the foreseeable future. None of the selections are vital or even that useful right now, but having that new power plant researched will do us more good than the other choices.

Society (Green): Terraforming is useless to us right now. The cost is way, way too much (Thousands of energy) right now. Expanding our naval cap is also not very useful. It's highly unlikely we would need an expanded fleet in the near future. That leaves Planetary Unification. Influence is always good to have. In the immediate term, having lots of influence lets us build more frontier outposts, which let us claim areas of space without having to colonize. This is really useful for strategically restricting where other empires can colonize, and it lets us build mines and research outposts in rich systems that ordinarily would be outside our colonized boarders.

Engineering (Gold): We don't need upgraded weapons just yet. We also don't need better starbases right now. Grabbing an upgraded research building right now will pay dividends down the road. It isn't ideal right now because our only bonused Engineering research tile is buried under an expensive (for us) tile blocker, but it's the best choice.

In the early game there tends to be a massive mineral crunch. Everything we can do is dependent on how many minerals we have. Early investments into mineral production makes everything easier. It's going to be a while until we get another pop (and afford to bulldoze the slum) on our bonused tile. Then we have to build the mine, and with that we're not going to get all that much. The more minerals we get now, the more minerals we can reinvest in our surrounding systems to get more minerals.

Other choices are not ideal. We shouldn't expand our planetary buildings because the tile clearing and construction of whatever building we decide will be very costly to us relative to our present income.

Colonization is great, but very costly. It's 300ish minerals and a year to build a colony ship, then another year to actually bring a colony online. Then a few more years before it grows its first pop so we can get resources outside of the first tile we pick for our ship shelter.

We don't need an expanded fleet because the liklihood of being involved in a war this early is very unlikely.

tl:dr: construction of mining stations are the best move at this point. Research stations are also nice if we run out of mineral stations to build in our borders.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Get Planetary Unification so you can gain more influence and switch ethics/civics to fanatic purifiers sooner.

EDIT:

What does this mean? Are we not voting on things relating to, for instance, xeno relations and species rights?

I think they aren't a fan of genociding the blue people or allowing their workers to seize the means of production.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

alcaras posted:

Research wise:
Planetary Unification
Field Modulation

This is a good set of things to research.

Mining satellites as necessary, but if you aren't finding enough minerals definitely start working those tiles.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 21, 2017

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I say:

Expand the Fleet
Explore Barnard's Star
Nanomechanis, Planetary Unification, Field Modulation

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Planetary Development - We need resources and Earth needs to be cleaned up, whilst our population is given employment. We can kill all three birds with one stone.

Alpha Centauri - It's our nearest stellar neighbor and our telescopes have determined the presence of a potentially habitable exoplanet.

Nanomechanics; Planetary Unification; Field Modulation - All of these will help us establish a healthy planetary economy, no matter what we might find out among the stars.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Nanomechanics - eh, more research is good, the other options kinda suck and the sooner we get new set of cards to pick from the better.
Planetary Unification - gimme that influence baby, you know I'm good for it. Also, it's cheap to research and the edict might have a purpose, somewhere down the line.
Field Modulation - power plants II give +4 energy vs solar panels' +3 energy, and database uplinks provide no benefits for the next ... 30 or so years, as our science ships will be exploring, not assisting.

Explore Alpha Centauri, it's nearby.
Focus on mining stations, and as a secundary priority, build up our military to 6 ships total.

double nine fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 21, 2017

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

alcaras posted:

Research wise:
Planetary Unification
Field Modulation

I'm going with this.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
Mining, mining, and also mining. Nothing is more important than minerals in the early game.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Hey, I dunno if this LP is meant for people familiar to the game or not, so feel free to ignore me, but you haven't explained that 4x4 grid on the very first screenshot.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Dancer posted:

Hey, I dunno if this LP is meant for people familiar to the game or not, so feel free to ignore me, but you haven't explained that 4x4 grid on the very first screenshot.

Those are the tiles and Danny Glands will probably explain how they work once the LP hits the point of actually building stuff on them :v:

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Anticheese posted:

If it has a name, you can change it.

In that case, I propose we change the name of our first scout ship to the Laika.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Voting:

Improved Spaceport - Corvette yards
Naval Capacity
Solar Panels

We have mass driver corvettes. Don't improve them, mass produce them (to 2.6x naval cap), run over whoever our first contact is and explain that they want to join the UN.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

To folks that don't know Stellaris:
The tech tree choices work by randomly drawing from the pool of available tech, so picking one thing now means the others may take a while to reroll.

In this initial set, the choices we have from the deck are mostly a no-duh:
Planetary Unification is great to have early because increasing Influence is very difficult. The 10% Naval Capacity or Terraforming and minerals won't help at this stage of the game.

Field Modulation is the second obvious pick - more power early is good (although there will still be resource constraints). Solar Panels are only useful if we've already run out of room on the ground to build things, and Assist Research is pointless because we want the science ships out there exploring.

Only Physics is the nonobvious pick. Coilguns aren't necessary at this stage in the game. That leaves the choice between the spaceport and the engineering - both could be useful to have early. I'll vote for the Improved Spaceport because in my games I almost never use Engineering facilities.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Orbital Energy Conversion, more energy is never a bad idea.
Planetary Unification.
Nanomechanics.

Danny Glands posted:

You forgot gluttonous. :v:

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Despite the great plague bringing us together large parts of our planet is still outside of UN jurisdiction. We need an edict of Planetary Unification to ensure prosperity and strength for all of us here on Earth! We need methods of Orbital Energy Conversion to harness the energy of the sun and ensure we can properly drive whatever it is we want to build on the surface. How are we to accomplish this? Nanomechanics, son!

As for ordering our ships, after the UNS Gagarin finishes the survey of the Sol system it needs to set out in a for a lack of better words circular pattern: Alpha Centauri -> Procyon -> Barnard's Star -> Sirius -> Zac'Zon. In the meantime one of our Anacondas will explore the inner systems of the Galaxy, with hope of finding good stars to bring under UN governing after the Gagarin finds valuable resources in them.
The UNS Doolittle needs to be appreciated for the irony that it will in fact do a lot. It should start with having a focus on building stations for Mineral Mining and Research, building Energy Mining Stations only when our net-gain would become negative without them. The South Western Slums (tile 0,2) will need to be given a proper energy production station, so that the refugees within can be given proper jobs under UN jurisdiction and ensure loyalty and productivity.

So say I, Governor Louis Baybranch!

EDIT:

Samovar posted:

In that case, I propose we change the name of our first scout ship to the Laika.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

We should build a second science vessel ASAP so we can get more surveying and such done. Speaking of Surveying, Survey whichever system has the larger inhabitable planet first

I also agree with these proposals!

Luhood fucked around with this message at 10:17 on May 24, 2017

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Dancer posted:

Hope I'm not stepping on Danny's toes, but I'll cover the basics here.

That's the surface of Earth, showing the population and what they can do. Each tile can be worked by one pop which is represented by the people. They can be freely dragged into different tiles if it's decided that someone's of more use somewhere else. Moving populations between planets is time consuming and expensive and may not even be allowed depending on the current policies the UNE has in place. At one the highest level of personal freedom, pops may move themselves because they decide another planet is a nicer place to live. At the other extreme, the only way they move is under government order, regardless of whether they want to or not.

The icons under each tile represent a bonus to a certain type of activity in that tile.
The red diamond is the icon for minerals. That's the Making Things resource. Buildings, ships, stations, all have a cost in minerals as well as a construction time. It's generally a good idea to have both a large mineral input and when possible a large reserve.
The yellow lightning bolt in a circle is Energy, that's the Paying For Things resource. Pretty much everything you build will have a maintenance cost in energy. You don't need quite such a large monthly income of energy so long as you aren't running a prolonged deficit, but some tasks, such as terraforming, do have a large energy cost attached so a decent reserve is again a good idea.
The green apple is food. Pretty self-explanatory, your pops eat food and will grow quicker if you have a surplus. If you have a deficit, pops start dying. The size of your food reserve is set by government policy, from small (200), through medium (1000) to large (2000). Surplus food will be stockpiled in the reserve for use against disaster. Once the reserve is full, surplus food goes to boost pop growth. So yes, if you change policy to a larger reserve you'll lose the growth bonus until the new reserve level is filled.
The blue atom, green globe and orange cog represent science bonuses to physics, social and engineering respectively. More science points makes faster tech, and sometimes gets used in special project, which I imagine we'll be getting to shortly.
Finally, the vortex looking symbol is Unity, representing your cultural progress. Unity can be used to unlock bonuses and special abilities. Again, we'll certainly be seeing more of that later.

The black and yellow bordered tiles are currently obstructed and unworkable. We'll need to spend minerals, energy and time to clear them before we can set a pop to work on the tile and build them a facility to boost the bonus. Once we start colonising other worlds you'll also see some black and red bordered blockers, which means we'll need to research some tech before we can pay to clear blockers of that type.

Edit: All that and I forgot to include my voting.
Our resource focus should be on stations initially. Working a planet can pay more in the long run, but as others have pointed out, we need pops to grow and blockers to be cleared, which makes for a high initial cost. Get some mining stations up and maybe we can afford to get Earth up to speed. That said, I suggest we invest our initial minerals in a second science ship. The faster we get exploring the faster we can figure out where we want to go in terms of expansion and construction.

Gagarin should investigate Alpha Centauri next so they can check out that habitable planet, and if we do get a second science ship we can send them straight away to Sirius to get a look at the other potential colony.

For our research priorities, I'd like to see Nanomachines for engineering, on the basis that a better engineering lab will let us tech up faster, and the earlier we get better labs the more we'll benefit over time from snowballed research speeds. In terms of social science, Planetary Unification is the best choice available. We don't need to expand the fleet, we're a long way from being able to pay terraforming costs, and that extra monthly influence will undoubtedly prove useful toward furthering our political goals. Finally, for physics research I'd suggest Field Modulation. While none of the physics choices are vital this early in the game, it can't hurt to be able to ramp up our energy production and get a surplus going.

Wyld Karde fucked around with this message at 13:21 on May 22, 2017

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Okay, 24 hours before the Assembly closes. If you haven't voted but would like to, please do so.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

sparkmaster posted:

Nanomechanics
Planetary Unification
Field Modulation

this.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Improved Spaceport - Corvette yards
Naval Capacity
Solar Panels

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Update on Thursday after finals.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
I'm gonna be so boldfaced that I assist Danny in the vote-counting, mostly because it is Wednesday morning and I currently have nothing better to do. Without further ado:

-----

Proposal 1 - Resource Management

Planetary Improvements: 1 Vote
Mister Adequate;

Mining Satellites: 15 Votes
alcaras; sparkmaster; Improbable Lobster; Junpei; queserasera; ModernMajorGeneral; Weavered; Lustful Man Hugs; Shugojin; double nine; VolticSurge; Aethernet; Luhood; Wyld Karde; TheGreatEvilKing;

Research Satellites: (Split into its own section due to a majority of "Let's just Mine" votes) 0 Votes
N/A

Fleet Investments: 1 Vote
100YrsofAttitude;

Colonization Saving: 0 Votes
N/A

Proposal 2 - UNS Gagarin Management

Alpha Centauri 4 Votes
Mister Adequate; double nine; Luhood; Wyld Karde;

Sirius 0 Votes
N/A

Barnard's Star 1 Vote
100YrsofAttitude;

Procyon 0 Votes
N/A

Zac'zon 0 Votes
N/A

Proposal 3 - Engineering Research

Coilguns 0 Votes
N/A

Nanomechanics 12 Votes
sparkmaster; queserasera; ModernMajorGeneral; Weavered; Lustful Man Hugs; 100YrsofAttitude; Mister Adequate; double nine; Poil; Luhood; Wyld Karde; TheGreatEvilKing;

Improved Spaceports 9 Votes
alcaras; Improbable Lobster; fermun; Junpei; Shugojin; VolticSurge; Anias; bewilderment; Mandalay;

Proposal 4 - Society Research

Planetary Unification 20 Votes
alcaras; sparkmaster; Improbable Lobster; fermun; Junpei; queserasera; ModernMajorGeneral; Weavered; Lustful Man Hugs; Pittsburgh Lambic; Shugojin; 100YrsofAttitude; Mister Adequate; double nine; VolticSurge; bewilderment; Poil; Luhood; Wyld Karde; TheGreatEvilKing;

Doctrine: Space Combat 2 Votes
Anias; Mandalay;

Terrestrial Sculpting 0 Votes
N/A

Proposal 5 - Physics Research

Orbital Energy Conversion 4 Votes
Anias; Poil; Luhood; Mandalay;

Databank Uplinks 0 Votes
N/A

Field Modulation 17 Votes
alcaras; sparkmaster; Improbable Lobster; fermun; Junpei; queserasera; ModernMajorGeneral; Weavered; Lustful Man Hugs; Shugojin; 100YrsofAttitude; Mister Adequate; double nine; VolticSurge; bewilderment; Wyld Karde; TheGreatEvilKing;

Other Proposals

Mzbundifund posted:

My only vote is that Tatyana gets to drive the science ship and we hire someone with a better perk to lead engineering.
2 Votes -
Mzbundifund; queserasera;

alcaras posted:

7 Votes -
alcaras; Improbable Lobster; fermun; Junpei; Shugojin; VolticSurge; Luhood;

Galaga Galaxian posted:

We should build a second science vessel ASAP so we can get more surveying and such done.
3 Votes -
Galaga Galaxian; Wyld Karde; Luhood

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

1 Vote -
Pittsburgh Lambic;

Samovar posted:

2 Votes -
Samovar; Luhood

Anias posted:

We have mass driver corvettes. Don't improve them, mass produce them (to 2.6x naval cap), run over whoever our first contact is and explain that they want to join the UN.
1 Vote -
Anias;

-----

As always, if you find any inconsistencies, mistakes or disagreements just shout!

raifield
Feb 21, 2005
I started playing Stellaris a few days ago, my game is a constant starvation of minerals. Waiting to hit 360 minerals to build some mines...and finally! Back to zero minerals for +4 mineral production and the wait continues. Fleets, buildings, upgrades, can't afford any of it.

It makes for a boring game. I wish there was some marketplace function that let you trade energy for minerals. I have something like 4000 energy stored and practically no use for it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

raifield posted:

I started playing Stellaris a few days ago, my game is a constant starvation of minerals. Waiting to hit 360 minerals to build some mines...and finally! Back to zero minerals for +4 mineral production and the wait continues. Fleets, buildings, upgrades, can't afford any of it.

It makes for a boring game. I wish there was some marketplace function that let you trade energy for minerals. I have something like 4000 energy stored and practically no use for it at all.

There is though? Most AIs are happy to trade resources and you can always trade with merchant guild stations if you have found any.

• Locked thread