Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

alcaras posted:

Do we just vote in thread?

Not sure how much you want to minmax but if you do...

> Mining Satellites (not Research yet), though maybe hold off until you get Prosperity if you're playing with Utopia, with a colony soon after

> Ideally should be running the fleet around split into 3 to scout for systems with habitable planets and survey there first

Research wise:
Improved Spaceport (Coilgun isn't important until we're at fleet cap, and we can get it from wreckage)
Planetary Unification
Field Modulation

This is a good set of things to research.

Mining satellites as necessary, but if you aren't finding enough minerals definitely start working those tiles.

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Dancer posted:

Hey, I dunno if this LP is meant for people familiar to the game or not, so feel free to ignore me, but you haven't explained that 4x4 grid on the very first screenshot.

Those are the tiles and Danny Glands will probably explain how they work once the LP hits the point of actually building stuff on them :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah he's still fine​ at surveying planets and researching anomalies, just a little slower and frankly that barely matters.

...comedy option, go have him investigate a bunch of black holes :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

JuniperCake posted:

:catstare:

I think it's best we not deprive our poor paranoid scientists the opportunity to make new discoveries in the field.

They have enough problems as it is and I'd hate to see them driven to drink if they no longer have any work to do.

The thing is, (unless Paradox changed it) the chance for anomalies is rolled once, the first time anyone surveys it. So technically trading star charts lets you know planets that have very definitely been surveyed by others, and improve your chances of getting anomalies.

Since the precursor things now have a chance to just be generated randomly on planets you own so you have a chance to see the end of them this matters less, but so it goes.

(It was objectively terrible to take star charts in the brief window where Planetary Survey Corps under Discovery tradition was 1/3 of your research points per surveyed planet tho)

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

A New Life, waiting for pops to grow annoys me :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

SCT and Cruisers

• Locked thread