Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

To folks that don't know Stellaris:
The tech tree choices work by randomly drawing from the pool of available tech, so picking one thing now means the others may take a while to reroll.

In this initial set, the choices we have from the deck are mostly a no-duh:
Planetary Unification is great to have early because increasing Influence is very difficult. The 10% Naval Capacity or Terraforming and minerals won't help at this stage of the game.

Field Modulation is the second obvious pick - more power early is good (although there will still be resource constraints). Solar Panels are only useful if we've already run out of room on the ground to build things, and Assist Research is pointless because we want the science ships out there exploring.

Only Physics is the nonobvious pick. Coilguns aren't necessary at this stage in the game. That leaves the choice between the spaceport and the engineering - both could be useful to have early. I'll vote for the Improved Spaceport because in my games I almost never use Engineering facilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread