Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
My only vote is that Tatyana gets to drive the science ship and we hire someone with a better perk to lead engineering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
It's WAY too early in the growth curve to worry about 10% slower anomaly research speed. He can listen to late-night talk radio all he wants, let him keep doing his job. If you really want to bother about it he can just be on survey-only duty and we can hire an archaeologist or something to run around and actually handle the anomalies he finds.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Glazius posted:

What kind of investment would Spider World even need, anyhow?

Once a colony ship reaches a planet, there's a period of time where the colony is being set up. During this setup period the planet produces nothing and costs a hefty chunk of energy every turn. I believe the number is something like -8 energy. Since we're only at 3 energy profit per turn, we're spending our reserves setting up the planet, and we don't have enough reserves to set up two at once, or in close succession.

Basically our cash reserves dictate that we're at a hard decision on which world to invest in first, and the precursor capital is the superior option in every category except comedy value.

• Locked thread