Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Despite the great plague bringing us together large parts of our planet is still outside of UN jurisdiction. We need an edict of Planetary Unification to ensure prosperity and strength for all of us here on Earth! We need methods of Orbital Energy Conversion to harness the energy of the sun and ensure we can properly drive whatever it is we want to build on the surface. How are we to accomplish this? Nanomechanics, son!

As for ordering our ships, after the UNS Gagarin finishes the survey of the Sol system it needs to set out in a for a lack of better words circular pattern: Alpha Centauri -> Procyon -> Barnard's Star -> Sirius -> Zac'Zon. In the meantime one of our Anacondas will explore the inner systems of the Galaxy, with hope of finding good stars to bring under UN governing after the Gagarin finds valuable resources in them.
The UNS Doolittle needs to be appreciated for the irony that it will in fact do a lot. It should start with having a focus on building stations for Mineral Mining and Research, building Energy Mining Stations only when our net-gain would become negative without them. The South Western Slums (tile 0,2) will need to be given a proper energy production station, so that the refugees within can be given proper jobs under UN jurisdiction and ensure loyalty and productivity.

So say I, Governor Louis Baybranch!

EDIT:

Samovar posted:

In that case, I propose we change the name of our first scout ship to the Laika.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

We should build a second science vessel ASAP so we can get more surveying and such done. Speaking of Surveying, Survey whichever system has the larger inhabitable planet first

I also agree with these proposals!

Luhood fucked around with this message at 10:17 on May 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
I'm gonna be so boldfaced that I assist Danny in the vote-counting, mostly because it is Wednesday morning and I currently have nothing better to do. Without further ado:

-----

Proposal 1 - Resource Management

Planetary Improvements: 1 Vote
Mister Adequate;

Mining Satellites: 15 Votes
alcaras; sparkmaster; Improbable Lobster; Junpei; queserasera; ModernMajorGeneral; Weavered; Lustful Man Hugs; Shugojin; double nine; VolticSurge; Aethernet; Luhood; Wyld Karde; TheGreatEvilKing;

Research Satellites: (Split into its own section due to a majority of "Let's just Mine" votes) 0 Votes
N/A

Fleet Investments: 1 Vote
100YrsofAttitude;

Colonization Saving: 0 Votes
N/A

Proposal 2 - UNS Gagarin Management

Alpha Centauri 4 Votes
Mister Adequate; double nine; Luhood; Wyld Karde;

Sirius 0 Votes
N/A

Barnard's Star 1 Vote
100YrsofAttitude;

Procyon 0 Votes
N/A

Zac'zon 0 Votes
N/A

Proposal 3 - Engineering Research

Coilguns 0 Votes
N/A

Nanomechanics 12 Votes
sparkmaster; queserasera; ModernMajorGeneral; Weavered; Lustful Man Hugs; 100YrsofAttitude; Mister Adequate; double nine; Poil; Luhood; Wyld Karde; TheGreatEvilKing;

Improved Spaceports 9 Votes
alcaras; Improbable Lobster; fermun; Junpei; Shugojin; VolticSurge; Anias; bewilderment; Mandalay;

Proposal 4 - Society Research

Planetary Unification 20 Votes
alcaras; sparkmaster; Improbable Lobster; fermun; Junpei; queserasera; ModernMajorGeneral; Weavered; Lustful Man Hugs; Pittsburgh Lambic; Shugojin; 100YrsofAttitude; Mister Adequate; double nine; VolticSurge; bewilderment; Poil; Luhood; Wyld Karde; TheGreatEvilKing;

Doctrine: Space Combat 2 Votes
Anias; Mandalay;

Terrestrial Sculpting 0 Votes
N/A

Proposal 5 - Physics Research

Orbital Energy Conversion 4 Votes
Anias; Poil; Luhood; Mandalay;

Databank Uplinks 0 Votes
N/A

Field Modulation 17 Votes
alcaras; sparkmaster; Improbable Lobster; fermun; Junpei; queserasera; ModernMajorGeneral; Weavered; Lustful Man Hugs; Shugojin; 100YrsofAttitude; Mister Adequate; double nine; VolticSurge; bewilderment; Wyld Karde; TheGreatEvilKing;

Other Proposals

Mzbundifund posted:

My only vote is that Tatyana gets to drive the science ship and we hire someone with a better perk to lead engineering.
2 Votes -
Mzbundifund; queserasera;

alcaras posted:

> Ideally should be running the fleet around split into 3 to scout for systems with habitable planets and survey there first
7 Votes -
alcaras; Improbable Lobster; fermun; Junpei; Shugojin; VolticSurge; Luhood;

Galaga Galaxian posted:

We should build a second science vessel ASAP so we can get more surveying and such done.
3 Votes -
Galaga Galaxian; Wyld Karde; Luhood

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Get Planetary Unification so you can gain more influence and switch ethics/civics to fanatic purifiers sooner.
1 Vote -
Pittsburgh Lambic;

Samovar posted:

In that case, I propose we change the name of our first scout ship to the Laika.
2 Votes -
Samovar; Luhood

Anias posted:

We have mass driver corvettes. Don't improve them, mass produce them (to 2.6x naval cap), run over whoever our first contact is and explain that they want to join the UN.
1 Vote -
Anias;

-----

As always, if you find any inconsistencies, mistakes or disagreements just shout!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
I, Mayor Louis Baybranch of the greater Orestad region, say that we need to emulate those old Star Trek shows and everything about them! While Diplomacy have always been the bread and butter of the United Nations, for the future of our species we need to find our neighbours before we can go and make friends and allies of them! A focus on Discovery is thus what I propose, ensuring the future is ours for the taking!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Danny Glands posted:

Also, if you want, feel free to start suggesting new colony names.

If we can't have the vote, at least we'll have the name. I'll suggest New Discovery!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

alcaras posted:

Oh we can split tradition trees after all?

Open Prosperity then, we'll go for Private Colony Ships then come back to Expansion.

What he doesn't mention is that each opened Tradition Tree increases the cost for Traditions by +10% per Tree, unlike the Tradition Leafs themselves which should give a lower penalty based around the number of Traditions rather than the number of Trees opened.

With that said, Adopt Colonization Fever is the way to go in my opinion. It increases our Unity output and allows us to quicker reach the next level about the time we've started wanting to get hold of further away Colonies making Reach for the Stars a much better option for later endeavours.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Danny Glands posted:

colonizing Anreya II (size 24, 100% habitability)

Far as I've heard there's only one actual option. Let's go for that one!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
A New Life allows all our planets to increase in pops more quickly, and it allows us to get Colonies out of the way much faster. I see no faults in this!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Can't we just Force Vassalise them? Or take one planet, Liberate the rest, and make those Liberated planets into our vassal?

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Mastery of Nature, cause if I don't misremember we have yet to unlock any of the Tile Clearer techs which means selecting that one saves us SOO much in Research, Minerals and Energy, which especially in the Early Game can be rather scarce.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Just to be contrarian, and because I personally love it, I'm gonna vote for Discovery!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Standard Constructions Templates and Robots!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Halfway through? We haven't even unlocked Cruisers yet! And I'm certain we're still merely on our second Tradition.

Then again it would mean giving up the amazingly fitting Kitsu, and the Birdmen.

Then again again, you have a whole set of mods installed. Will those work with the new patch yet?

Nonetheless, I'm voting to change it up!

• Locked thread