Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Shugojin posted:

Yeah he's still fine​ at surveying planets and researching anomalies, just a little slower and frankly that barely matters.

...comedy option, go have him investigate a bunch of black holes :v:

I agree with this. Surely there is no harm in poking around a few black holes eh? I'm sure one of them in the galaxy somewhere might just be what our wayward researcher needs to be inspired and instill a new sense of purpose into his work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

SIGSEGV posted:

The idea is not to "oops" him, the idea is to blitz other empires at dread realizations about the universe, power, physics and love and get a step up on the galactic stage while it's easy. If we wanted bad things to happen to him we'd earmark him for dangerous anomaly scanning and researching work.

This.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Discovery doesn't feel like the best option, but that's absolutely my nature.

Ironically, it absolutely was the best option until they nerfed it.

Let's go for diplomacy and make us some space friends. Not the strongest option but hey, who doesn't want space friends?

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Gothsheep posted:

I hear it still is totally broken good, because of this thing where it pumps up your research heavily based on exploring.

That's what they nerfed. It used to be 1/3rd your gain now its like 1/10th or something. Still decent but was very overpowered before.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Danny Glands posted:

A quick diplomatic deal with the Turmexians for star charts is made.
:catstare:

I think it's best we not deprive our poor paranoid scientists the opportunity to make new discoveries in the field.

They have enough problems as it is and I'd hate to see them driven to drink if they no longer have any work to do.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Shugojin posted:

The thing is, (unless Paradox changed it) the chance for anomalies is rolled once, the first time anyone surveys it. So technically trading star charts lets you know planets that have very definitely been surveyed by others, and improve your chances of getting anomalies.

Since the precursor things now have a chance to just be generated randomly on planets you own so you have a chance to see the end of them this matters less, but so it goes.

(It was objectively terrible to take star charts in the brief window where Planetary Survey Corps under Discovery tradition was 1/3 of your research points per surveyed planet tho)

Ah yeah you're right. I miss old PSC even though we only had it for such a short while. But yeah if we are going expansion first then there's definitely no issues with the star chart trading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013
Yeah Mastery of Nature is best for min/maxing but so far we've picked a lot of the optimal choices. Where is the fun in that?

I'm voting for One Vision because it fits us better thematically.

• Locked thread