Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Nanomechanics - eh, more research is good, the other options kinda suck and the sooner we get new set of cards to pick from the better.
Planetary Unification - gimme that influence baby, you know I'm good for it. Also, it's cheap to research and the edict might have a purpose, somewhere down the line.
Field Modulation - power plants II give +4 energy vs solar panels' +3 energy, and database uplinks provide no benefits for the next ... 30 or so years, as our science ships will be exploring, not assisting.

Explore Alpha Centauri, it's nearby.
Focus on mining stations, and as a secundary priority, build up our military to 6 ships total.

double nine fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

just leave him be, poor bastard's stressed out enough already without having to suffer the indignity of being removed from command.

Are there any techs that a paranoid scientist would help unlock?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Danny Glands posted:

Right now, Prosperity leads Expansion by just 1 vote.

Also, if you want, feel free to start suggesting new colony names.

How would this work, do we suggest a buttload of names and you pick from them, or do we vote whenever a new colony is established?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

One of our planets needs to be called Tannhauser Gate.

edit: unless ... I haven't played in forever, are there special construction projects like a mega fortress or a teleportation gate (for non-wormhole users) that'd be more appropriate to call that?

double nine fucked around with this message at 15:05 on May 30, 2017

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Gothsheep posted:

I say you name the colony Hadleys Hope. My naming scheme for humans is always to name them after horribly doomed worlds from sci-fi.

Hadley's Nope?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Poil posted:

Equivalent sure is a useless word in this game. Isn't it something like 50-150% of your fleet strength?

it was last time I played.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

I think I speak for all right-minded peoples in this Assembly that the course is clear. We Must Harness the power of these Arachnids. For the good of mankind, of course.

GunnerJ posted:

It is a great mod, but the number of amazing finds that show up on random uninhabitable rocks is kinda killing it for me.

Are you saying that the modifiers show up too much or that they show up on places that are unreachable? Or both?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

The reason is probably just that we've got very equal economies comparatively. It is pretty funny that "cede planet" is valued at roughly equal value as "give me % income from planet", but maybe that's to make the various conquest options equivalent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Deep Space Stations. What good's an invasion fleet if we can't keep what we've got?

• Locked thread