Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Keep him surveying. He's level 2, a number of events require level 5 scientists, -10% anomaly research speed is who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

double nine posted:

Are there any techs that a paranoid scientist would help unlock?

Nope.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

AJ_Impy posted:

All right, who in our Xenorelations department translated the fox-resembling people species name as 'Kitsu'?

Given what we know about them, it's entirely possible they renamed themselves after the word for "fox" they heard in our Classical Animes.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

It is a great mod, but the number of amazing finds that show up on random uninhabitable rocks is kinda killing it for me.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

double nine posted:

I think I speak for all right-minded peoples in this Assembly that the course is clear. We Must Harness the power of these Arachnids. For the good of mankind, of course.

Really makes me wish the game had some kind of "penal colony" system. Might not be that hard to mod though.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Danny Glands posted:

colonizing Anreya II (size 24, 100% habitability)

:yeah:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Glazius posted:

What kind of investment would Spider World even need, anyhow?

Besides whatever a normal colony would need, there are some very special tile blockers to clear and the moral hurdle of sending imaginary video game people to a spider-infested hellhole.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Also I missed this before:

double nine posted:

Are you saying that the modifiers show up too much or that they show up on places that are unreachable? Or both?

The latter. You'll find cool stuff on asteroids and molten worlds and busted ringworld sections. So you get this pop-up like "Wow, check out this awesome discovery we can interact with!" and it's on some frozen world I will never colonize and provides 0 benefit. This happens a lot, seemingly, because the chance for these rare modifiers isn't restricted to rolling on habitable worlds.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

It is a little weird that "pay us some money every month" is equal in value as a victory condition to "cede every one of your planets."

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

I don't know if they have to, but in this case they roughly do.

eta: Actually I'm bad at math, their demands are worth like 9 points more. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Defense Stations are garbage, just fyi

• Locked thread