Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The table.

The fixtures.

While most of the important things have been sewn up with Hull, Boro, and Sunderland being relegated and Chelsea winning the league there is only really one thing still left to play for- the final Champions League spot. With Liverpool to play an already relegated team at home you'd think it would be in the bag, doubly so because Arsenal have a tricky fixture with Everton to play, but Liverpool have consistently failed to beat the smaller teams this season so this is no forgone conclusion. Elsewhere City have the chance to cement third place by beating an already on holiday Watford and United's youth team gets to go up against a resurgent Palace. In London we have 1st vs 20th as deserved winners Chelsea get to embarrass Sunderland one more time before they skulk off down to the Championship. Given the quality of their side and the lack of ambition their owner has shown it could be sometime before we see them again- especially if Moyes is left in charge.

Ewar Woowar fucked around with this message at 07:53 on May 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Lets all have a laugh at the stupid predictions some of us made at the start of the season
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3786378

I managed to get 2 out of the 3 teams relegated correct but that's pretty much it really. I did say Liverpool would get third and that still could happen, however unlikely.

Bogan Krkic correctly guessed Dele Alli would be young player of the year and that City would finish third. He also said worst player would be Januzaj which isn't a bad pick. triple sulk said Kane would be top scorer which is looking likely and that Sunderland would be relegated. grimble was pretty much completely wrong about everything but his pick of Real winning the Champions League looks a good bet. Also got 2/3 relegated teams. Sad King Billy correctly picked Chelsea winning the league which really was an impressive call given their previous season. Also picked Conte as manager of the season. EvilHawk picked Kane as top scorer and have the Swansea manager first to be sacked. I don't remember who was sacked first but that sounds about right. Dunban got very little right and foolishly thought Pulis would be sacked first. Blue Star Error may have guessed the CHampions League winner correctly (Juventus) but got very little else correct. Rob Holding was far better than expected though so an extra point to him. Belgend didn't get much right apart from a potential Champions League winner pick. Arquebus had Tottenham first so wasn't too far off and Poch manager of the year. Also had Kane as top goalscorer. R. Guyovich could have the Champions League winner right with Juve but his prediction of Hull winning the league didn't quite pay off for him. Hoops had Liverpool coming sixth and everything else wrong.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Good loving god Liverpool please don't gently caress this up...

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Ewar Woowar posted:

EvilHawk picked Kane as top scorer and have the Swansea manager first to be sacked. I don't remember who was sacked first but that sounds about right.

I was 100% correct :smug:

Don't look at the rest of my predictions...

If we loving lose to Boro we don't deserve CL football anyway.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

:pray:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

i hope arsenal finish 4th again, because that is the funniest outcome

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Bogan Krkic posted:

no it isn't!!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Bogan Krkic posted:

By winning a play off you mean

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I said Spurs would finish above Arsenal and correctly predicted Sunderland being a joke. I also said "dunno" for the winner of the Europa League, which is still true.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Bogan Krkic posted:

Hell, same.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
'mon the boro

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
smh at all the people who predicted One Season Wonder Harry Kane would score goals

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Liverpool team to play Middlesbrough: Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Can, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge, Firmino

Subs: Karius, Moreno, Klavan, Alexander-Arnold, Lucas, Grujic, Origi

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EvilHawk posted:

Liverpool team to play Middlesbrough: Mignolet, Clyne, Matip, Lovren, Milner, Can, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Lallana, Sturridge, Firmino

Subs: Karius, Moreno, Klavan, Alexander-Arnold, Lucas, Grujic, Origi

pretty good team imo

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

vyelkin posted:

pretty good team imo

It's as strong as we can put out right now, only compounding the embarrassment.

Nah we'll smash these 4-0.

saihttam
Apr 15, 2006
Enter sadman
Liverpool will win 4-0, nothing dramatic will happen this afternoon and I will make a face

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Arsenal and Liverpool will both win, so will City, and everything will proceed in a fairly anticlimactic manner.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Although United will lose today and so even after after assembling the most expensive squad in history and becoming exactly what their fans spent years claiming to be so much better than, will finish twenty-seven points off the top of the table.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Hoops posted:

Arsenal and Liverpool will both win, so will City, and everything will proceed in a fairly anticlimactic manner.
this

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hoops posted:

Although United will lose today and so even after after assembling the most expensive squad in history and becoming exactly what their fans spent years claiming to be so much better than, will finish twenty-seven points off the top of the table.

Their team today is hilarious.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
Carragher and Neville sniggering at Souness's caveman rhetoric is endlessly funny to me

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Jeez. I thought he did a good job.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

God this new Pool kits are gorgeous

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

God this new Pool kits are gorgeous

I know right, loving mint

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

Enjoy the last day boys, it's been a not-bad season and Arsenal can gently caress off

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

COME ON YOU POOLS ! !

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Lol Leicester conceded in the first minute

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Goal Kompany, Watford don't give a single poo poo and didn't mark anyone for a corner

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/johnledwidge/status/866220790647226368

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

gently caress off everton

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Sphyre posted:

gently caress off everton

Who's surprised that Everton haven't shown up

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
:getin:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Cmon Boro

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
also lol welbeck

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

lmao

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders
im nervous

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
happened to catch both Sunderland and City goals by coming in a couple minutes late after eating and channel-hopping, pro foot-watching strats

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
you had one job you toffees

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I see the other teams have wasted no time putting Liverpool in 5th

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit
No way Everton were going to try when losing means Liverpool miss out.

• Locked thread