Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Harper maybe should've got that. Awesome ab for Dansby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Markakis 2-out RISP ... :getin:

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Braves up bottom 9 down 3-2 vs Nats bullpen

Will we see a walk off?

Nats gonna make the thread title come true

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Oh gently caress me

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Six pitch first inning for Folty, that's a great sign. And I will pre-emptively say, I think his last few starts we've all rushed to call a "meltdown" as soon as he gives up a run when I think he's gotten more of a handle on it since his early disaster this year.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

Meanwhile Inciarte takes up 11 of Cole's pitches by himself before singling. Cole generally owns the Braves, so good early sign.
Phillips eating him alive too, 20 pitches no out yet.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Making a guy throw 30+ in the first without scoring is, uh, some kind of victory?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

They're gonna have to call this guy Doublesby, no that's ok I'll show myself out

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol why are they even looking at this he was out by a mile

Yeah the tag was a little higher up than it looked live but still out. And costly now.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

e: 200 dingers!
They reminds me, Freddie was close to 1000 hits wasn't he?

Chip and Joe are gonna die before the All Star break if they keep begging for all this new ballpark food in the booth.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Man he crushed that one but foul

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Nice to take advantage of that long first inning and actually run Cole out in 4.2.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

Hahaha, Hurdle got himself ejected again
lol that wasn't remotely close either, Bell was well onto the grass

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

What the hell I just turned the game on. What happened?

First ends with a checked swing turning into a squeeze as Bell comes from third. Suzuki gets the ball near the line, Bell goes way wide to avoid the tag and the ump immediately calls him out for leaving the basepath. It's not controversial but Hurdle come out to argue and is tossed before he barely gets a word out.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I'm curious why they're batting Rio ahead of Dansby, he'd gotten hot again by the time they had to call Ruiz up so let him hit seventh at least ahead of the new kid in town?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Dansby's been really busy -- and good -- at short today.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Adams in the Chop House again!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

Catcher offense getting a little silly for the Braves
This is weird

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

YEAH pirates and braves are back on and braves have jumped out to a lead at 1 a.m. local time, call the game now motherfuckers

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

BasicFunk posted:

I think there's like 19 people at the stadium right now.
I have no idea why they didn't call it like an hour ago.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

BasicFunk posted:

I guess they wanted to get the full game in. This is the Pirates only trip to Atlanta and they probably didn't want to try to pick it up before the next one because of traffic.
Yeah I was thinking it wouldn't be a big deal to play two or three innings tomorrow but I guess that is more of a logistical problem than I was considering,

Nice play from Dansby, made a few today.

Organist still going strong.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Atlanta's organist is playing Christmas music.
"Jingle Bells", "Carol of the Bells" for Bell.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

C'mon at 1:30 am thjat's a strike

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Freeze Frame was a nice touch for Freese.
My favorites have been "Comfotably Numb" for Conforto and the theme from "Mama's Family" for Bryce Harper.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Is this the place to post about how the bullpen hosed you?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Holy poo poo were tied

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

BRAVES WIN BRAVES WIN

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Julio's not pitching well but this inning should have ended when Jace Peterson let a double play ball bounce off his glove. Two out two strike three run homer.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Why is Tyler Flowers constantly getting hit by baseballs

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Yeah Rio Ruiz and Jace Peterson leading the 4-run rally, just as planned

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Even when he's pitching ok I find watching Jason Motte throw deeply unpleasant on an aesthetic level.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lol Braves announcers going off on a security guard after a fan interferes with a live grounder that just bounced inside first and the guard comes and takes it away from the kid he gave it to

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ngoepe is safe but that was a real nice play by Dansby

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I love Ender Inciarte

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Was he this good in Arizona? At the time of the trade they talked about him like a fourth outfielder.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

If only there were a thread to post about how the bullpen hosed us

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Not sure what Adams was doing there?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

yeah weird runs!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I was only playing half-attention to this game until an inning ago, I assumed when Garcia came to bat he was at like 90 pitches. 78 a batter into the seventh? Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I have never seen Jaime Garcia not look like he's about to burst into tears.

• Locked thread