Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

Sinner Sandwich posted:

Also, are we continuing with the Americanists, or are we playing someone new, Clayren?

We can't jump off this wagon until the 13 original tribes are restored. And that means conflict with the HCE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i think i see a person named Peach Bowser in the bottom left of that family tree. is there a Bowser family whose female characters sometimes get named Peach?

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Glad to see that my hometown is properly part of dominion of Gran Francisco, but hopefully it doesn't fall to one of the perennial Atomicist uprisings. :ohdear:

Also, Ohio delenda est.

Wyvernil
Mar 10, 2007

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons... for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Clayren posted:

We can't jump off this wagon until the 13 original tribes are restored. And that means conflict with the HCE.

So our end goal is to control the original 13 states? Does this include territory that once belonged to those states(such as Vermont, Maine, and West Virginia)?

So we'll probably need to kick Ohio out of West Virginia (and western New York/Pennsylvania) at some point. Between them and the Columbians, that's most of the territory we'll need.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

oystertoadfish posted:

i think i see a person named Peach Bowser in the bottom left of that family tree. is there a Bowser family whose female characters sometimes get named Peach?

For some reason I love competently-made mods that aren't ashamed of making low-hanging references (like the Civ4 mod Fall From Heaven that has a pirate hero named Guybrush Threepwood).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The entire reason the primary culture of New York is called "Gothamite" here is so they could make a bunch of Batman jokes.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Funky Valentine posted:

The entire reason the primary culture of New York is called "Gothamite" here is so they could make a bunch of Batman jokes.

Which is weird because Gotham is obviously the Chicago stand-in, and its Metropolis that's the stand in for New York :colbert:

(what's the deal with Chicago in this mod? From what I gathered from the Iowa LP it's a Catholic Holy City currently occupied by a different religion. What family would you pick if you wanted to do a "Chicago game"?)

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

SirPhoebos posted:

Which is weird because Gotham is obviously the Chicago stand-in, and its Metropolis that's the stand in for New York :colbert:

(what's the deal with Chicago in this mod? From what I gathered from the Iowa LP it's a Catholic Holy City currently occupied by a different religion. What family would you pick if you wanted to do a "Chicago game"?)

Depending on who's writing, Gotham is either Chicago or New York after the sun sets--Metropolis being New York during the day.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Funky Valentine posted:

The joke was there was a Wayne family complete with a Bruce or did I imagine that?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Goddamn I love After the End.

Someday I'm gonna pull the trigger on a TTRPG set in it. Want to make my tabletop group fight Minnesotan vikings.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

tadashi posted:

The joke was there was a Wayne family complete with a Bruce or did I imagine that?

Clayren posted:

To protect against future troubles within the realm, Queen Mother Heather sought alliances from outside. In March of 2744 her daughter Sara was betrothed to the Lord Mayor of Long Island, the future Lord Proprietor of New York, establishing a strong alliance between the House of Hel and the House of Wayne. Although made at the time to protect Deitshcerei from revolt, the alliance would have far greater role to play in the history of the Mid-Atlantic.

Bruce not depicted but he is in the game. And the dynasty's shield is a "dark knight," lol.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

tadashi posted:

Patricians Thom and Martha Wayne and their son Bruce 'the Bat'.

Also about half the Gothamite dynasty list are Batman references (Falcone, Cobblepot, Nigma, Quinzel, Isley, Sionis, etc.)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Really if we're going low-hanging fruit I expected the Alabama region to either be named "Bear" or "Saban", if not just "Roll Tide Pawwwwwlllllllllll".

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Depending on who's writing, Gotham is either Chicago or New York after the sun sets--Metropolis being New York during the day.

Apparently not just in the current DC movie continuity, Gotham is supposed to be in South Jersey, Metropolis is in Delaware, and the two of them are connected by a bridge over the Delaware River? So apparently both are supposed to be downriver of Philadelphia.

And yes, I have also heard of "Metropolis is New York by day, Gotham is New York by night" line, by my boss at New York Comic Con, who used to run Artist Alley in all Reed shows in the US (NYCC, C2E2, Emerald City, other smaller ones) before he was promoted to run C2E2 overall, quoting Frank Miller. I think another DC writer had further said that Gotham is New York below 14th Street around midnight on the coldest night of the winter, and Metropolis is Midtown above 42nd at noon in the middle of spring, or something to that effect, but the area immediately below 14th has rapidly improved and gentrified quite a bit in the past couple decades and Lower Mnahattan had made a great comeback since 9/11, so I dunno how much that line would apply anymore. Maybe ungentrified Brooklyn fits better?

Speaking of New York, what are the other Patrician family names? I saw a Laggard there in one of the shots where the Waynes were out of power, which is an obvious reference to LaGuardia, the former mayor who got the airport named for him built when he was a congressman from Manhattan and was absolutely pissed when plane he took back to the city landed in Newark instead when his ticket clearly said New York. I would have expected a Bloomberg, Rockefeller, Roosevelt, or maybe even Giuliani reference in there. Maybe not Trump, after the recent election...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 7, 2017

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

GhostStalker posted:

Maybe not Trump, after the recent election...

On the plus side, we now know what kicked off the catastrophe!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

GhostStalker posted:

Speaking of New York, what are the other Patrician family names?
At the start of the game, New York is ruled by Lord Proprietor Florell Laggard and the other Patrician houses of Falcone, Longacre, Theovelt, and Wayne.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Funky Valentine posted:

At the start of the game, New York is ruled by Lord Proprietor Florell Laggard and the other Patrician houses of Falcone, Longacre, Theovelt, and Wayne.

Huh, that's interesting. So two Batman references, Florell Laggard is a clear reference to Fiorello LaGuardia, the mayor I mentioned above, Thovelt is a Theodore Roosevelt reference, and I think Longacre Square is what Times Square used to be name way back when before the New York Times moved to the area. Not as much historical or current New York reference as I thought there would be, but I'm satisfied by what there is. Is Staten Island it's own separate county or part of Manhattan or a Jersey county instead?

I think I saw Brooklyn was its own county, but I also saw Queens and Flushing as separate minor holdings, which is strange since the latter is part of the former (Flushing used to be an independent town in what is now the borough of Queens, which was formed in the creation of the City of New York in 1898), so are they also part of the county or of Long Island instead?

Also, looking up the use of Gotham, it's use as a nickname for New York was coined by Waahington Irving, so there's that too.

GunnerJ posted:

On the plus side, we now know what kicked off the catastrophe!
Yup

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 7, 2017

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
Chapter Thirteen: The Frog Emperor

Hubbub Hub posted:

From an article labelled "Top 14 Most Unlucky Historical Figures on the website Hubbubhub.com, a "news and content aggregator site"

#7: The Frog Emperor :frog:

You might think this guy is ugly from his picture, but it got a whole lot worse later on. :eek:
Emperor Nicholas III is remembered today as "The Frog Emperor" because it is said that by the end of his life he resembled a slimy amphibian more than a human. This wasn't really his fault though, you can blame most of his good looks on the terrible lack of medical knowledge most medieval Americans had (little hint, cutting off your dick doesn't cure a nasty flu :cry: ). Nicholas III was the eldest son of the famous Nicholas the Magnificent (sounds a lot better than frog, huh? :frog: ) and there were great expectations for his rule, but although he never showed any symptoms for much of his life, Nicholas had a really bad immune system (at least that's what most historians theorize).

In 2792 the crown of the Emperor of America passed easily to King Nicholas III of New England. A kind and friendly man, Nicholas was well regarded by most of the American nobility.

His wife Fioretta was a member of the powerful Wayne dynasty and together they had three sons and two daughters by the time Nicholas took over America.

While Nicholas ruled New England and the crown lands of Gotham and Columbia, his younger brother Wayne I was king of Hudsonia. The two enjoyed generally good relations, as Wayne felt too vulnerable with many powerful Hudsonite vassals to seek a claim to the imperial crown.

Too young to run himself, Emperor Nicholas III was happy to support the campaign of his vassal Fenwick Barnhouse for the presidency. The old judge won in a close election, but slipped and fell a couple days after accepting the title. He remained in a coma for the remainder of his short presidency, before dying about a month later.

The title then went to a Gothamite judge, President Elihu.

In this second election Emperor Nicholas III chose not to endorse any candidate. He spent an increasing amount of time back at Washington Castle around this time, which he explained away as him taking time to train in the arts of war and combat. But it's likely that this was just an excuse to cover up the fact that the emperor was beginning to show the symptoms of a weak immune system.

This sudden isolation from a man who had previously been famous for his gregariousness and grand banquets cause no end of rumors about the cause of it. Most outlandish of all were stories that he was haunted by some evil spirit of Communism which had poisoned him with fluoride.

In January of 2794 the emperor came down with gout and syphilis at about the same time. Even today this would be a great cause for medical concern, back in the middle ages it was very likely a death sentence.

Nicholas' court physician was summoned and he attempted to save the life of the emperor by removed his nose and many of his teeth, which the ill-informed doctor believed to be "corrupt" and the source of the emperor's sickness.

When this failed to work the man, known to history as "Saul the Sea-Devil" tried an even more extreme approach. He theorized that sinful lust was corrupting his liege's mind and the only way to save his life was to remove the root of his lust. For emasculating his lord Saul was burned at the stake in July of 2794.

A foreigner was hired to replace Saul, but his methods were, if anything, even less helpful. It's around this time that Nichoals III began to exhibit signs of mental disorder, talking to himself loudly at all occasions and refusing to bathe or change his clothes.

For his failure to cure the emperor the foreign doctor Tzompantzin was beheaded in 2795.

The lack of fresh clothing and his infected wounds are said to have been so horrible that people walking past the castle could smell their liege. The emperor was seen less and less often by his courtiers, his only company most days a black hunting dog he claimed could "speak like a man and breath fire from his nostrils".

The emperor's council effectively ran the realm during this time. Faced with demands from the King of Pennsylvania for Philadelphia and demands from SOuth Jersey and the Republic of New York for the crown of Gotham, they granted both to the bastard son of Princess Marceline Hel, who had conceived and born the child while exploring the mysterious Old World. It was hoped that, as a bastard child and member of the dynasty with only limited lands, he would be loyal to Nicholas.

In 2797 Nicholas III was at last convinced by his council to hire a new physician. This one proved no better than the last.

It is extraordinary that Emperor Nicholas III lingered as long as he did, really.

In 2798 Nicholas, now often called "The Frog Emperor" throughout the realm, took a turn for the worse. His eldest son, now of age, took over the day-to-day affairs of the empire.

On June 30th, 2798 the sad tale of Nichoals III's rule at last came to an end. His son Stanley was elected to lead the empire after his death.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I am following this based on title and link to mod. Thank you

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Emperor Nicholas II the Garfield. Jesus.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Move over Jizrunids, there's a new poor disfigured soul in town.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

At last, merciful death finally took what was left of him.

You would think that after the first few execution that doctors would stop trying to hack off bits of him.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

Clayren posted:

Chapter Thirteen: The Frog Emperor

Well that doesn't sound ominous or anything... let's see how this plays out.

Eh, what's the worst that could-

Clayren posted:

In January of 2794 the emperor came down with gout and syphilis at about the same time. Even today this would be a great cause for medical concern, back in the middle ages it was very likely a death sentence.

:ohdear:

Well, I suppose that's a good reason to be "Frog'd". At least it won't get any-

:stare:

:stonk:

:stonklol:

:psyduck:

:v:

:shrug:

:zoro:

:tinfoil:

Hoowee, if that ain't a fighter I ain't know none! This has got to be scripted, it has to be! No way any one can have that sheer amount of bad luck!

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

Chapter Fourteen: The Fall of Hel House

Potomac Press posted:

From The Complete(ly inappropriate) History of America Vol III and one quarter published by Potomac Press

Famous Last Words of Famous Folk
Courtier:"All these plagued peasants sure are revolting, your highness!"
Stanley I:"Well now, that seems a bit ungenerous."

Emperor Stanley I Hel was only 17 years of age when his father, Nicholas III, died. A handsome and studious theologian, Stanley preferred hard work and study over foreign affairs.

Equally young was his wife Anna, a bastard child born to the Laggard family of New York. Far more shy than her husband, the Empress was rarely seen outside of Washington.

The King of Pennsylvania during this time remained a moderate power within the empire, the two major vassals of Stanley were his uncle, King Wayne I of Hudsonia and his cousin, young King Warren I of Gotham. The desire of Wayne I for more power within the empire was a major issue during Stanley's reign.

Shortly into his reign an outbreak of typhoid wracked the east coast, carried along trade routes into major cities like Charleston, Philadelphia and Washington. The emperor was cautious about this outbreak, understandably so given the fate of his father, and sequestered his court inside the gates of his keep in Washington.

This seclusion did not keep the emperor from making his will known, however. A thorn remaining in the side of the empire was the High Court of the Potomac (increasingly called the High Court of West Susquehanna following the loss of Washington to Emperor Nicholas II). Of the independent Americanist realms which had existed during Nicholas the Magnificent's time, only West Susquehanna had refused to pledge fealty to the emperor. But Stanley faced widespread opposition to any conflict against a small Americanist theocracy.

But Nicholas III had left behind a very full treasury for his son, which Stanley I used on generous gifts to those on the fence about war with the high court.

The conflict began as one would expect, the minor high court completely defenseless against the might of the American Empire.

Bigger news for the emperor was the birth of his first child, whom he named for himself.

With his liege's attention distracted by these events, the king of Hudsonia took a chance at expanding his holdings in a major way. If King Wayne I had succeeded in laying claim to the kingship of Gotham as well, it was almost guaranteed that he would have both the troop strength and the finances necessary to push a claim on the imperial title.

Making matters worse for the emperor, peasant agitation about the presence of English merchants in the duchy of Maryland led to a number of small revolts not far from the castle where he and his court were in seclusion.

This was also likely a symptom of discontent over the emperor's choice to hide himself away as typhoid fever and then typhus spread throughout the region.

King Wayne had prepared for his war well and most of the emperor's council was in his pocket and unwilling to support a call for realm-wide peace.

But Stanley's nearly bottomless treasury once more was put to use, convincing the Yankee Duke of Maine that the war between Gotahm and Hudsonia needed to be ended before it spread the diseases of the coast further inland. By a narrow margin the emperor's council voted to proclaim a realm peace, ending King Wayne I's nearly victorious war for Gotham.

In response the furious king sought to undermine the councilors who had voted against him wherever possible.

In the Summer of 2802 the outbreaks of typhus and typhoid had burned their ways through the countryside and were beginning to retreat. But in the streets of Washington the rage of the peasants and townsfolk was only growing.

In June of that Summer a figure know to history only as "Eve the SIlent" led an uprising against the emperor, breaking through an unused tunnel below the castle and attacking the king and his guard. The peasants proved no match for the disciplined Imperial Dragoons, but in the chaos Stanley I received a mace to the face. Although he survived his once lovely face was ruined like that of his father before him.

Unlike Nicholas III, his son did not linger for long afterwards. Between his injuries and a case of the flu, he passed away in September, leaving his holdings to his three year old son.

The electors of the realm were unwilling to grant power to a toddler and King Wayne I was deeply in debt having spent his entire treasury on the war for Gotham. The young king of Gotham himself was still only a child and the King of Pennsylvania was not very popular among the electors. The title of emperor thus passed into the hands of Marmaduke I of house Guffey, also known as "Marmaduke the Kid" for his cleverness and youth. He moved the capital to his Duchy of the Outer Banks, where he hoped the keep on Hatteras Island would provide him with protection against any rebellious Hel family vassal.

Without the protection of a same-dynasty emperor, King Wayne I was unable to stand up to his larger vassals, many of them dating back to the days before Nicholas II conquered the kingdom. In 2804 Hudsonia fell to King Lemuel I of house Groot. The power of house Hel was obviously waning.

In response the dynasty began to close ranks. An important alliance was forged with the marriage of Duchess Cynthia II and her cousin King Warren I of Gotham.

It would prove to be the right move for reclaiming Hel dynastic supremacy within the empire.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Clayren posted:

It would prove to be the right move for reclaiming Hel dynastic supremacy within the empire.

:getin: Send America back to Hel where it belongs!

TheNakedJimbo
Nov 18, 2004

If you die first, I am definitely going to eat you. The question is, if I die first...what are YOU gonna do?

Clayren posted:

revolting

I have this thought every single time I play Victoria. "The peasants are revolting!" Well I don't like them either, but there's no need for insults.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

Chapter Fifteen: The Son of Roosevelt

Sailor's Prayer Book posted:

From a 29th century prayer book sold to ship captains in new York

Hear my prayer, oh Father Roosevelt,
Beloved of sailors and hunters,
Conqueror of Cuba and Puerto Rico,
Sunderer of North and South America.

Hear my prayer, oh Father Roosevelt,
May your strength be in the hands of these sailors,
May your protection be upon them in all things,
Let not the timbers snap,
Let not the sails tear,
Let no wave nor pirate stand against us,
Hear my prayer, oh Father Roosevelt.

A talented schemer from childhood with ambitious to the throne, King Warren began to plot for control of the empire almost as soon as he reached majority. His work was cut out for him. A bastard child born of Marceline Hel while she traveled in the east, most of the Hel dynasty refused to recognize his membership in the extended family. The regents of young King Stanley of New England refused to support any scheme of Warren's and the former King Wayne I of Hudsonia was in no position to offer anything more than his daughter's hand in marriage.

Duchess Cynthia II was the daughter of Wayne Hel and Cynthia I Hel. Her mother was a descendant of the Tidewater line of the dynasty, which traced its roots to Nicholas Hel, son of Juliana Wayne and Big Bill Hel himself. The ruling branch of the dynasty was descended from the children of Big Bill and Linda Zappa. With control of the wealthy city of Charleston, Cynthia was an important ally for Warren and their marriage lent credibility to his case for inclusion in the dynasty.

The Aristley dynasty was another important ally for Warren, bringing the power of the Piedmont duchy to his cause. Most important of all, however, was the backing of the Kingdom of Pennsylvania. King Ferdinand I Loyalsock, from what historians can figure out, seems to have fully believed Warren's insistence that he was not a bastard, but rather an immaculate birth born from a union between his mother an Father Roosevelt out on the seas. How many others actually believed this tale is today unknown, but Roosevelt was a very popular father in Gotham during the 28th and 29th centuries, thanks to his importance to the sailors and captains who kept the Republic of New York fabulously wealthy.

Warren was likewise well-received by the Gothamites and he encouraged the growth of harvest festivals in the interior and donated towards the construction of shrines within the coastal cities.

But much of Warren's early rule he spent away from his kingdom. An invasion from the Maritimes raged in New England and the ineptitude of Emperor Marmaduke I caused the conflict to drag on longer than it should have. Warren served as a commander in the war and proved himself a worthy, if not particularly talented, leader of men.

His service in defense of the realm did much to drum up the support Warren needed to finally get his claim recognized among the nobles of America.

The court of King Stanley II, however, continued to refuse his claims. To improve relations in 2807, Warren proposed a betrothal between his new daughter and the 8 year old king. The regency council of New England accepted, but swore it would remain neutral in any conflict for the crown.

In 2808 a rift began to form between Emperor Marmaduke I and his vassals. Rumors that he was a cruel monster began to spread and Marmaduke's grabbing of more power from his council of nobles frustrated many who had once supported him.

But while the Empire of America quietly seethed, the Holy Columbia Empire broke out in loud rebellion. Among the chaos Duke Lockheart III of Delmarva formed an army of mercenaries and adventurous folk to seize much of Carolina from a number of rebelling dukes.

Marmaduke's forces were at last turning the tide in the north, but only after serious losses. The American army was near spent and the emperor had only scant holdings from which to draw more.

Warren, on the other hand, had a treasury filled with taxes on the important trade cities of New York and Philadelphia. After some negotiating he was able to get a pledge of service from the Mounted Men of Ottawa in exchange for a massive amount of gold.

On July the 13th of 2809 Warren I Hel made it known that he considered Marmaduke The Kid a pretender to the throne and that the title and the crown lands of Washington rightfully belong to him.

With his forces bolstered by more than 10,000 mercenaries Warren I was able to raise a total of 15,000 soldiers under his banner.

Marmaduke was perfectly able to match those numbers, but much of the empire's forces were still too far north. Smaller armies in the south were quickly surrounded and soundly beaten.

Marmaduke's own levies were beaten outside of his capital in March of 2811.

As the war fell into a series of long sieges Warren was able to spend less time with his army and visit his home in Philadelphia often. One of these visits resulted in the birth of his first son, Prince Warren.

Emperor Marmaduke's children were not safe in their homes, however. With the capture of Currituck in 2812 both of the emperor's sons were taken prisoner by Warren I. With his personal holdings occupied, his forces exhausted and his heirs under threat, Marmaduke made the only choice available to him.

March 18, 2812 the crown of the emperor of America fell back into the hands of the Hel dynasty. Those who continued to question Warren's membership in the family may have continued to do so, but they made sure to be very quiet about it from then on.

In May of the next year a second son, this part of a pair of twins, was born to the recently crowned Emperor Warren I Hel.

Before New England's forces could recover from the long war with the Maritimes Waren made demands to the regency council of that kingdom for control of the Kingdom of Columbia, which Nicholas the Magnificent had long ago declared ought to be controlled by the emperor. New England reluctantly accepted this demand and the capitla was once more returned to Washington.

The duke of Delmarva, now a major power in the empire following his conquests, was granted the title "King of Carolina". It is known today that the emperor planned on invading Virginia and granting it to his wife, if this is true then the creation of the Kingdom of Carolina was likely meant to establish how titles would be granted to successful crusaders.

But adding so much land to the empire, especially for the purpose of granting it to his wife and eventually to their son, was going to need the support of the empire's nobility. To increase his support among his southern neighbors Warren I declared war on the revolting count of Charlottesville on behalf of the duke of Piedmont.

But not all were fooled by Warren's magnanimous appearance. The king of Hudsonia as well as a number of counts and dukes rallied behind August I Hel, the count of Three Mile Island, in demanding a change of inheritance law. It was feared that Warren would seek to invade the HCE and hand out new kingship titles to his sons in order to establish his branch of the dynasty as dominant throughout the empire. They demanded a return to gavelkind inheritance, which would have split Warren's holdings among his sons.

The commotion within the empire fueled resentment among the recently conquered Southroners and Tuskegeans of Carolina. SHortly thereafter a riot broke out, which turned into a full scale revolt.

Untouched by the fighting against the Maritimes or Warren's war for the empire, the Kingdom of Hudsonia was able to muster a massive force which Warren could not hope to match. These forces soon put New York under siege.

His funds low from the last war, Emperor Warren I had to take out a loan to hire the Pinkerton Company out of Chicago to bolster his forces up to a size that they could compete with Hudsonia.

The two large armies met at Harlem in 2817 and the mercenaries earned their pay. The forces of the rebellion were turned back and sent fleeing north.

They were pursued and beaten at Bethlehem shortly thereafter.

In June of 2818, with his funds running low, Warren offered a white peace to his wife's grand-uncle, which the count accepted.

The rebellion in Carolina ended shortly thereafter.

As part of the peace a betrothal was arranged between Warren's daughter Cynthia and King Lemuel I of Hudsonia's heir Lemuel.

By July of 2818 the Empire of America was once again at peace under the control of the Hel dynasty. But beyond the borders of the empire a new threat, greater than any known before, was coming into being.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I hope this mod includes some crazy thing like a Mongol-style horde riding out of the Great Plains.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Akratic Method posted:

I hope this mod includes some crazy thing like a Mongol-style horde riding out of the Great Plains.

Neo-columbian invasions from the Old World?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

AJ_Impy posted:

Neo-columbian invasions from the Old World?

PFFFT! The very idea! The notion that someone could attack us by sea like the redcoats of old is laughable! No, we must keep our eyes glued to the south and west where our true enemies lie.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Akratic Method posted:

That's a mean thing to call Big 12 offenses.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Great LP!

I saw the github list of mod files but I'm a bit confused as to how to go about installing this. Can someone give me some instructions?

Also, are there specific DLCs that need to be installed for this to work?

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Great LP!

I saw the github list of mod files but I'm a bit confused as to how to go about installing this. Can someone give me some instructions?

Also, are there specific DLCs that need to be installed for this to work?

Just put everything in C:\Users\YourNameHere\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod and be sure to enable everything in the mods bit on the launch menu. It'll look like this:

As far as DLC I play with everything but the song and clothing packs. I'm guessing most of the "main" dlc is required, with optional compatibility for face packs if you want your New Yorker's to look Italian.

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

Chapter Sixteen: Two if by Sea

Red Dawn posted:

From the script for the American film Red Dawn

{The keeper finishes placing wood upon the fire and walks out onto the observation deck, adjusting his cap. He freezes as the rim of the cap clears his eyes. Before him is a forest of masts, stretching across the horizon.}

[Lighthouse keeper]: "Well, poo poo."

{A wall of crossbow bolts slams into the keeper before he can say another word, pinning him to the wall. Fade to black as dramatic music plays.}

With the end of the civil war America experienced a period of internal peace. For his accomplishments Warren I was widely regarded as a true descendant of the conquering Nicholas II.

While the American Empire experienced peace, the divided Empire of Ohio spiraled into chaos. During the brief reign of Marmaduke the Kid the tensions between the reformed, centralized Rust Church and the old, decentralized Rust Cult had come to a boil.

The Carter dynasty which had united the empire retained control of the heartland of Ohio, as well as scattered counties in Michigan and a portion of Ontario. The Empire of Ohio remained solidly faithful to the church, which the Carter dynasty had formed.

Organized with the funding of the Republic of Detroit, the Serene Republic of Aurora controlled much of Michigan and Northern Ontario and was composed of those who refused to convert to the reformed faith.

Seeing their chance, the Ursuline of Quebec declared and quickly won a crusade for Auroran Michigan, seizing Detroit and portions of central Michigan. The victor, Wapaw Kitpoo, declared her small realm the "Kingdom of Michigan".

While this played out in the west, America was too busy dealing with an outbreak of Consumption to take advantage of the chaos. Emperor Warren's own daughter Cynthia died of the disease as it spread from Washington and into the surrounding country.

This prompted the emperor to close the gates to Castle Washington, to wait out the end of the outbreak.

But Warren I soon found out that fate would not allow him to merely sit on the sidelines until disease had left America once more.

In 2822 the loan which Warren I had taken out to defend himself against the massive army of the King of Hudsonia came due. Paying it off nearly emptied the treasury, but Warren foresaw no immediate need for funds.

But then came October 22, 2822 and with it, the Redcoat Army of Lord Admiral Havelock.

It was the dawn of the Dominion.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

By Washington'a teeth, the red clad devils have returned! Surely the end times are upon us!

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
:neckbeard: The British are here!

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012
Ding-dong the Coats are red;
Which ol' red well the Royal Red;
Ding-dong the royal coats are red!

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer
On the one hand I want The House of Hel to continue their empire and re-unify the 13 Colonies.

On the other hand, I can't help but love seeing the British take back the colonies. Rule Britannia and all that.

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
I admire the British sense of persistence.

If first you don't succeed, try, try again eleven hundred years later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

They only call her The Queen, because mortal tongues cannot speak her name.

Fantastic.

• Locked thread