Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I legit like this. I didn't really like twin peaks. I liked some of the more surreal elements but that's not a very large part of the show. The parody of melodrama did little for me.

So, having this be a rather surreal Lynch nightmare through and through is preferable to that TBH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i'm on episode 4 now. Why the gently caress is michael cera in this?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

i like lynch and cera is okay but he doesn't really fit. I hope he's more than one silly monologue

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

wes anderson is good though so ???

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

You dont like lynch or wes anderson you suck probably hate John Carpenter and Stanley Kubrick too

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

too late you stinky fuckboy

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I'm halfway through the pilot, S1,E1. This sucks so far, when does it get good?

alright buddy, you have to tell us what your problem with the show is to get an honest answer

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

spudsbuckley posted:

The last episode of this season is going to be David Lynch laughing directly into the camera for 51 minutes solid after opening with:"you loving rubes, you actually sat through 17 episodes of this utter loving garbage" before he announces his retirement 15 seconds from the end.

TVIV will still think it is the greatest thing ever.

word on the street is that nasally voiced nerds playing video games for you is more your speed daddio

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

spudsbuckley posted:

Please don't disparage Lowtax in this manner.

I mean, he's no David Lynch, insofar as his videos have stuff actually happening in them.

i like gaming garbage actually but that's more in the MST3K spirit than a true LP thing. you're just dissing an amazing show like a dumbass idiot and i wish you'd shape up buddy

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

im glad david lynch does his own thing and doesn't really care about other people's intuition about his art

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

is nerdy combativeness the same thing as someone taking their bitching and moaning about nerds complaining too much to two threads at the same time

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I pray all the david lynch haters have two weeks of dreams about the squirting chicken from Eraserhead ejecting juice into their mouths

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

the tviv thread is a pretty casual conversation except when people show up to whine, some weird fuckers trying to be SMG quoting Marx and Zizek in their episode analysis or w/e excepted but nobody is really engaging that.

I just think yall are mad that anyone might enjoy this because you can't or can't be bothered to try and get the show and it's not for you that's okay but i sincerely hope a chicken jizzes on your face in your dreams tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNMAgq-oSrw

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

he punched Ike The Spike twice and used Ike's pistol grip to shred off a shitload of his hand-palm and i've not seen anything that cool or gnarly in a while in a tv show or movie

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

this show is actually good and i feel fuckin' gross agreeing' with THAT fuckin' BIRD but he's right

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Hanh Nguyen needs to stop writing and get the gently caress off the internet, I think.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

if you call me liberal again i am gonna wreck your poo poo homeboY!!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The latest ep was not good. Somone finally gave me some insight into the imagery that might help me "get it" if i get around to rewatching it, but getting that info was like pulling teeth. and enduring some very :smuggo: type of jerkwards. This was david lynch basically writing a ridiculous, probably skippable intermission to the rest of the show full of dense, boring symbolism and imagery that's apparently about the birth of the black lodge, but the only way you could like it if you're the Lynch equivalent of a nintendo fanboy.

You know, that's cool if that's what I'm signing up for. Eraserhead is a cool movie. Interrupting the actual show of Twin Peaks to give us some insanely masturbatory high-art rendition of how/why the black lodge came to be that nobody could possibly enjoy unless you're the kind of rear end in a top hat who gets off on this kind of poo poo or writes episode reviews that quote Marx and Zizek was a jackass thing to do though.

I guess david lynch is gonna be david lynch, but i've enjoyed every single episode of the new series until this bad poo poo.

I'm only gonna rewatch tomorrow out of loyalty to the dude himself but I'm gonna go ahead and say that part 8 will be the worst episode of the series by a hugely wide margin and i bet it's gonna make some people stop watching entirely lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

anyone who thinks the black lodge and the supernatural elements of the show are some figurative display of trauma or w/e are dumbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

• Locked thread