Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I'm halfway through the pilot, S1,E1. This sucks so far, when does it get good?

The pilot is the best of the series it's all downhill from there.

So what I'm saying is, you should probably stop right now because it's clear you have donkey brains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

My dharma is the road, your dharma...

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Zmej posted:

Yea that definitely was the weakest scene. Someone in TVIV said that better not be some deus ex machina but idk what else it could be.

Considering it's David Lynch and he loves to gently caress with people with pointless diversions that go nowhere, I'd say we will never even see that character again.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Does she work at Horne's Department Store?

Zmej posted:

yup, except it ended with Audrey/Charlie which just sucks the air out of the entire episode/room so efficiently.

I hope the Audrey reveal is something so stupid that even the most vocal defenders of those scenes get upset

At first I liked those scenes because that guy was so loving funny-looking. I don't even mean the dwarfism, I mean he's just really really funny-looking. And it made the melodramatic bullshit hilarious and also kinda creepy and "off".

But then after a while I got used to it and it became boring. It almost feels like David Lynch tried really hard to ruin everybody's two favorite characters, Audrey and Cooper. Except it backfired because Cooper is still awesome as Dougie Jones.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Aug 23, 2017

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I really hope this gets picked up into a regular series, because this really feels more like an 18-hour pilot than a standalone TV series. There's just too much poo poo up in the air and I get the feeling none of it's going to be wrapped up by the end.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

I did laugh at the tease when the cops at the Las Vegas PD get a notice about a missing FBI agent and then throw the folder out without even looking at it. David Lynch knows exactly what he's doing, and knows that everybody's watching S3 hoping Cooper comes back to his senses and then keeps blueballing us with weird Dougie Jones poo poo.

I wonder if he regrets coming up with such an endearing character that he can't do anything Twin Peaks related without everybody wanting to see nothing but Dale Cooper being quirky. On the other hand, I guess we're technically still getting that.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Dougie Jones is the best possible thing they could have done with Coop. If he was immediately just himself again after spending 25 years in the backwards talking waiting room of a literal hell dimension that would have been awful. When he does come to he's not going to be the same Coop that went in there. The most endearing thing about Coop, though, was his childlike wonder and sense of whimsy. He was a guy who was a sharp as gently caress detective who also freaked out like a little kid at douglas fir trees and good pie. Dougie Jones isn't just Cooper acting like a retard, he's Cooper without any of the weight of the horrible poo poo that's happened on him. He's 100% unfiltered childlike awe and whimsy. By showing that's still in him it's going to soften the blow somewhat when Cooper comes back for real and is a laser focused revenge machine out to loving murder the poo poo out of his doppleganger.

Yeah I get that much, it's just that it's taking almost 18 hours of television for him to go from "completely inarticulate and confused" to "slightly more articulate and confused".

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

That's not bitching, numballs, it's called mixed emotions The Rolling Stones wrote a song about it sheesh

I just realized that the MC refers to that song as "Audrey's dance." Like, as in he refers to it by its title on the original soundtrack album. :wtc:

I thought it was pretty obvious that Audrey is in an institution and she's been having delusions. None of the poo poo with her husband was real, that's why the announcer introduced the song as "Audrey's Dance" and everybody stepped aside while she danced. She snaps out of it screaming in an all-white room.

This poo poo isn't rocket science.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Audrey is either in an institution or she's living by herself in some kind of ultra-sanitized Howard Hughes apartment or... whatever.

Or the roadhouse scene was in her head, and they just never left the apartment after bickering about it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Billy Zane is like the Prettiest Handsome Boi ever, and Sherilyn Fenn in her prime was stunningly gorgeous. I just hated that romance because it was really dumb and contrived and then went nowhere when Billy Zane just hosed off back to his home planet.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

s2 bad? I don't know what you're talking ab

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

TwoDogs1Cup posted:

I hope bad coop kills Audrey and her stupid weirdly shaped husband

It'll turn out that Audrey's husband is actually Bad Coop's penis grown to 65% human size.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Maya Fey posted:

i am the fbi :unsmith:

PART time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Vince MechMahon posted:

Some interesting things about 18:

The woman who owned the house is the real life woman who owns that house.

One of the biggest changes in tone is that there's literally no music after that scene.

I feel like the transition there was into the "real" world, or at least world closer to reality than the one we had been shown before.

Well it even goes down to how the scenes of Coop driving down the streets of Twin Peaks are blocked. Usually we get one establishing exterior shot of a new location and then we're inside where the action is. Here, we see both sides of the real road where the real house is located and shots of the surrounded hills and scenery. The drive past the Double R and to the "Palmer house" is totally unfamiliar, we're seeing parts of the town we've never seen before and it's just the shooting location of the show, stripped bare of artifice and pretense. I could be misremembering, but I seem to recall a lot more diagetic sound post-hotel scene. Like you can hear traffic and horns and real world noises, as if they were left on the soundtrack unfiltered.

• Locked thread