Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

General Dog posted:

C'mon, we know who the real culprit would be

He's really more of a Windom Earle type.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
This was the best Dougie scene yet.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Audry and Coop were supposed to have had a tryst in the original series, but Laura Flynn Boyle threw a fit because she didn't want any of the other female cast to detract from her being the primary sex appeal on the show and obviously hooking up with the lead would have elevated Audrey above her.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Neurosis posted:

It was because she was dating Kyle Maclachlan. They wrote in Annie instead. Donna was not the primary sex appeal. Audrey was absurdly hot and the thought of Billy Zane laying a hand on her is enraging.

Huh, I swear I read the other version a few years ago but now I can't find anything to support it. I wonder where I got it from.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
http://tv.avclub.com/sherilyn-fenn-talks-david-lynch-and-how-twin-peaks-shou-1798266317

Her take is that Kyle and Laura were dating and Laura got jealous.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
So as far as I can tell, Coop is Severian uncaught in time. The Lodge inhabitants are all Cacogens, some assisting him and others working against him. Carrie Page is likely another incarnation of Tzadkiel and Judy is either Typhon or Baldanders.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Neurosis posted:

I think Carrie is actually Laura and it's not like that. Laura seems to be an ordinary person in most ways despite being spawned from a glowing orb made by a giant.

Also Tzadkiel always seemed a little more benevolent than anything in Twin Peaks (though I have read reasonable arguments the Hierodules are evil insect things with nothing good mean for humanity)

Sure Carrie is Laura, but Tzadkiel takes many forms as she judges the value of Man. The question is did Cooper pass or not? Will he return to Twin Peaks a castrated and literally impotent agent, to pass on his knowledge to the next claimant or has he demonstrated that mankind is worthy to enter the stars and neighboring dimensions alongside the Lodge Inhabitants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
The owls are not what they seem.

"Briggs good. Where head?"

• Locked thread