Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Halfway through episode 4 and this is obviously some kind of elaborate tax write off scam between Lynch and the TV execs funding it.

It's terrible in nearly every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

I'm the "airport terminal" in the fourth episode that is clearly just the front entrance of a dentists office in a Midwestern stripmall with airplane sounds played in the background.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The last episode of this season is going to be David Lynch laughing directly into the camera for 51 minutes solid after opening with:"you loving rubes, you actually sat through 17 episodes of this utter loving garbage" before he announces his retirement 15 seconds from the end.

TVIV will still think it is the greatest thing ever.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

tao of lmao posted:

You made this same post like 10 times in that thread. I'm glad you found this one.

I'm glad one of us is keeping track of my posts because i'm obviously not xoxoxoxo

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

basic hitler posted:

word on the street is that nasally voiced nerds playing video games for you is more your speed daddio

Please don't disparage Lowtax in this manner.

I mean, he's no David Lynch, insofar as his videos have stuff actually happening in them.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Rasta_Al posted:

complaining about a slow episode was enough to get this thread moving more than it has in the past week because a bunch of cultists cant take anyone insulting their willfully obtuse grandpa director lol

And all it took was to follow the trail of drool that led back to the tviv thread where all the usual suspects were firmly ensconced on Lynch's balls

Uh, excuse me the 20 odd minutes of DougieCooper not knowing how to do simple daily tasks in this past episode was pure comedic genius and not at all boring loving nonsense that only utter morons would find even vaguely amusing or entertaining.

Did you not see how he didn't understand what to do? Emmy worthy stuff for sure. I think Lynch is trying to tell us that something has gone awry with this particular character but I reckon I need to see at least 5 more 10 minute long slapstick scenes of him struggling to perform simple tasks to make sure.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ROFLburger posted:

* creepy music plays *
* camera zooms in to chair leg for 45 seconds *

*TVIV thread gets two pages worth of posts about how there was a chair leg shown briefly in this one scene in Inland Empire and a character in the original season of Twin Peaks sat down one time *

*someone posts a couple of thousand words worth of fanfic masquerading as analysis *

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

Trash TV

You don't enjoy 20 minutes of Mr Bean level buffoonery every episode?

That's Lynch's true genius shining through.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

This show is much better when you quickly skip through it 5 minutes at a time to see if anything happens in this episode (it doesn't) so that you'll be prepared for it if David Lynch actually decides to make it interesting for the last 11 episodes (he won't).

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I would have loved to known what the Showtime president was thinking when he got to this episode.

Apparently it isn't doing too great in the ratings so i can't imagine they are overjoyed but they'll finish showing it because they already threw a bunch of money at it.

It's for Lynch purists anyway and they are so broke-brained about him that they would watch and enjoy 18 hours of footage of an obese 64 year old taking a poo poo in real time if David Lynch said he directed it. They'd even come up with convoluted theories about how it all related to the wider Lynch-o-verse.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Why cookie Rocket posted:

That's what I'm saying, they weren't fans of the original show. They caught most of season one, have some fond half-memories, thought some of the cast was hot, but they weren't actually fan.

They were more "casual" viewers, if you will.

:smug: "People who enjoyed the first two seasons didn't actually really enjoy them even though they thought they did."

Old TP was good and watchable, new TP is utter bollocks.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Then why are you in the Twin Peaks Season 3 thread?

The autistic worship-thread is in TVIV.

This is the thread where people give actual opinions on the show without Lynch superfans trying to justify why the show is deliberately awful.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Why do you care if people are enjoying a show you don't? Why don't you want to explain why you don't like it? Why are you still watching a show you don't like?

"Why are you forming and sharing opinions about something you had an interest in in the past by experiencing the newest released material based on it?"

Every discussion about a particular piece of media doesn't have to turn into a circle jerk of competing fanfics just because the fandom wants to shout everyone else down.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Mordja posted:

You've wasted almost eight hours of your life on a show you hated since minute one.

More like 3 and a bit.

I sat through the initial 3 episodes that got released and i've just been skim watching the rest by skipping through them.

Nothing really happens in the show so it's very do-able.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

Also, I'm pretty sure that the shadowy homeless people who keep repeating the same phrase were inspired by enemies from Alan Wake and/or Deadly Premonition, two games that in turn were inspired by Twin Peaks.

Nah, David Lynch is just secretly a horrible racist so he finds blacked-up homeless people terrifying.

Notice how their are no actual black people in the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vince MechMahon posted:

Actually it was loving great and it's pretty sad you don't like cool and good things, but I'm also confused that you expected literally anything other than this from Lynch. Like, if you expected a straight story (heh) from the man who's last film was Inland Empire you've got to be the dumbest mother fucker on the face of the earth.

Yeah, imagine expecting something coherent and good instead of a bunch of art-school-project dogshit.

Lynch is a genius because he has made a living off of convincing dipshits like you that his poorly written, low budget, rambling nonsense is somehow genius.

spudsbuckley fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Sep 4, 2017

• Locked thread