Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
I'm the 'arm' tree brain thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Manchild King posted:

If I didn't like the original 1990 show, will I enjoy this new season?

Depends. Did you like the movie prequel Fire Walk With Me? It feels more like that. People whine about its slow pace but the new season is definitely heavy on the visual storytelling so if you're a fan of dialogue it's probably not for you.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!

Paladinus posted:

Here is my hot take.

You're not wrong.

Seeing as how we're introduced to Dougie staying in a Rancho Rosa estate house. Which coincidentally is the name of the production company for the show. Later when he's in the black lodge, he's told that he was 'manufactured' for a purpose. Which is Lynch's surreal way of delivering a narrative in a totally fourth wall breaking way.

This show is meta as gently caress and it's awesome. I also lol'd at David Duchovny's scene.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
CAR-SICK!!!

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Call for help.

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Uh.. Ernie Hudson is on it.

e: and don't forget our introduction to Dougie and his jungle fever

Commie Lasorda fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jun 28, 2017

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yTRllQlEQE&t=83s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
Nah. Laura is the dreamer. Thinkabboudit. She manifests her knight in shining armor as an FBI agent in her dreams to take her away from her abusive father who she dissociates with a denim clad set designer turned actor as her form of denial. The whole series was in her head this whole time. All the surrealism, wacky hijinx, 4th wall breaking meta references were nothing more than some poor abused girl's dream.

Or I could be wrong and David Bowie really is a tea kettle irl but what do I know?

Commie Lasorda fucked around with this message at 08:37 on Sep 5, 2017

• Locked thread