Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I liked the melodrama and small town charm of the original series, and was pretty disappointed after the first episode, but have enjoyed the rest and will continue to watch. I do kind of get the impression he's messing with fans with the "James has always been cool" line and not having coop comment on his coffee, etc.

I do kind of hope Wally hits the road again soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Professor Shark posted:

Watching the first episode now, this is like Wes Anderson levels of fart sniffing

you are a sad little man

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I hope he never recovers and a lot of bad fans are pissed off. Great artists give you what you need, not what you want.

lol :jerkbag:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Wait sorry I meant to say drat good coffee pie wraaaped in plaaastic I love joss whedon callbacks and catchphrases and stasis forever!!!!

dang I wish I was as cool as you

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Don't try to watch 2001 or any other Kubrick movie really. Maybe incredibly talented directors just aren't your "thang?"

I just want to clarify that I was mocking you personally for your extremely nerdy combativeness and not the show

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

basic hitler posted:

is nerdy combativeness the same thing as someone taking their bitching and moaning about nerds complaining too much to two threads at the same time

nah

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

basic hitler posted:

I just think yall are mad that anyone might enjoy this because you can't or can't be bothered to try and get the show and it's not for you that's okay but i sincerely hope a chicken jizzes on your face in your dreams tonight.

Yeah it's crazy to think that

it's good but like all Lynch there are parts that are pretty drat slow

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Lynch is really good at that, with the shots of the ceiling fan / staircase in Laura Palmer's house in the old seasons and the movie, or the shot of the gazebo from the bushes in season 1. Those really weren't held that long, though.

I'm not saying all the still quiet shots are too long or slow. The shot of evil Cooper waiting in the front room of the cabin was good. Same with the light in Argentina, which is very similar to the light at the corral in Mulholland drive. I liked the shots of the cameras in the glass box room, but the shots of the dude starting forward didn't spook me.

I didn't really feel dread with the long shots of Cooper at the statue, either. I think that was more an attempt at comedy that didn't land for me. The long pauses and sighs with the detectives in SD was neat a couple of times, but now every line is punctuated by it.

And of course the classic front hood shot of evil Cooper driving through the woods ruled. If you haven't seen the video for lykke li lynch directed you should check it out

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

If they wanna inject some comedy just have lynch yell some more or make Lucy and Andy fight

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The common mistake at both extremes of this argument is thinking Lynch does everything for a reason beyond thinking it looked or sounded interesting

Sometimes it is interesting and sometimes it isn't. he has said it's a collection of ideas strung together, and there's stuff in fwwm that was cut from other projects, and who knows which they are. I like the good parts

The only Lynch movie I liked from start to finish is blue velvet, but even Mulholland drive and lost highway are more interesting to watch than garbo superhero movies and poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Dennis System posted:

The Dougie sub-plot is the most boring television I've ever forced myself to sit through. I can't imagine what Lynch and Co. are thinking. It's a nightmare. People complain about a show like The Big Bang Theory being lazy, but the people who write that show have to come up with dialogue and jokes. And that takes some effort, even if the jokes are bad. The Dougie plot is just Maclachlan wandering around looking catatonic in a faintly wacky way. Nothing needs to be written and Maclachlan doesn't have to flex any acting muscle. Nothing is happening. It's the laziest thing I've ever seen on a screen, and it goes on and on and on and on and on. Episode after episode. Maclachlan wandering around. NOTHING happening. No writing is happening. There's not even physical comedy happening. Nothing. There is literally nothing more boring in the world that they could possibly film. Watching a film of paint drying would be less boring than Dougie, because at least you could use a film like that for meditation. Lynch is hailed as a genius, and this is what he produces. He produces some great stuff, and he also produces literally the worst thing ever filmed. They should not have given him complete creative control. He's a maniac. Someone needed to step in and shut that Dougie stuff the hell down. What a goddamned egomaniac.

shut down

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

wow the tviv thread is better than the gbs thread, a dark day

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I enjoy Dougie and how Lynch thinks computers/phones/technology works.

MAN ON COMPUTER - A RED BOX APPEARS THEN AN EVIL MACHINE PRESENTS A PACKET!!!

GOOD OLE BOY SHERIFF USES COMPUTER BEEP BOP BOOP!!!!

Laura Dern is hamming it up, Ashley Judd still looking good for her age, and karate choppin Dougie.

I think the red square isn't how Lynch thinks computers work, but is an indication that bad coop is a supernatural being that can make computers do whatever he wants.

Also a lot of people Truman's age do hunt and peck like that.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah he should have used some other video chat program like uh

You know

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

You don't want to post in the Always Sunny thread. I said season ten was bad, and I might as well have shat on everyone's chests. Halfway through season ten I did indeed stop watching and posting. RIP Always Sunny, I'll remember you as you were

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

lol, an un-ironic use of the word "casuals"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

You sound like a loser

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

he tried to defend the honor of professional wrestling and got laughed at

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

an hour is not a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

They could have had Albert and Truman stare each other down for two or three minutes

• Locked thread