Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

General Dog posted:

Her cousin was hotter

Trap sprung

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

ill watch this show in ten years when its not cool and out of print and nobody cares and ill post about it too!!!

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Vastarien posted:

hmm. i agree. *pours spaghettios in vagina* ART!

way to prove the opposite of your point idiot. you remember her a decade later. you loving moron.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

basic hitler posted:

Hanh Nguyen needs to stop writing and get the gently caress off the internet, I think.

so much 4 liberal tolerance!

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

th3t00t posted:

My entire life I thought stereotyping was ignorant and wrong. I grew up in San Diego, CA and hated that because I am the quintessential “ginger” (red hair, blue eyes and freckles) people assumed I didn’t understand Spanish and men would say things about me, in front of me, that would make a sailor blush. I, of course, having grown up in a predominantly Mexican neighborhood, knew exactly what they were saying and was often offended (I was also often amused, but that’s beside the point).

So I grew up, and moved to New York for college. Last summer, I moved out of the dorms into a “bad” neighborhood with some of my buddies. At the time, people warned me that it was a horrible neighborhood and I should stay closer to campus. And at the time, I didn’t see what was wrong with it. I did not understand why any neighborhood with black people was “bad.”

I got a second job at the Wendy’s a block away from my house, I didn’t really need the money but it was convenient and figured a little extra cash never hurt anyone. After a couple of weeks of work I realized that I was the only white person working there and everyone clearly assumed that I was a boring white person (probably because I was the only one that actually worked while I was there). Despite the cultural differences, I really enjoyed the company of some of my co-workers and invited two of them over to have a few drinks and smoke some bong. This is what ensued:

The first time they came over we had a blast, despite the fact that they drank my booze, smoked my weed, and ate a ton of my food without pitching in for any of it (I figured I hadn’t told them ahead of time about a cover charge so it wasn’t that big of a deal). I invited them over again the following week and they brought some friends (without telling me ahead of time) and drank my booze, smoked my weed ect. I asked them to throw down, and of course, nobody had cash on them. But we still had a blast, so I didn’t mind. I simply told them to bring some cash or byob next time (they never did, except once or twice one of them would give my of age boyfriend two dollars and ask him to walk three city blocks to pick up a forty. Then they asked for the change back.) Soon, they started showing up completely uninvited with their friends and it basically spiraled from there.

At the time I was underage and so were all of my room mates, so to avoid any unwanted police attention I had a very strict no drinking and driving policy. One night, about ten black people (only three of them were actually my friends) crashed on my couches/floor because they were far too drunk to drive. It never occurred to me that I should hide my valuables, because I’d had many friends (most of whom are white or Asian, because I am a college student and let’s face it, statistically those are the people I’m most likely to meet) crash at my place before and never had anything come up missing. But the next day the “party” had left before I woke up and my laptop was gone.

I hear black people complain all the time about how when they go into stores they are followed because it’s assumed they are shoplifting. My whole life I thought this stereotype was ridiculous, but now I wish I’d been a bigot and hid my poo poo from the darkies. It was a really nice laptop.

did you ever find your laptop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

is this the most active twin peaks season 3 thread on the forums

• Locked thread