Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gazpacho posted:

welp i'm not watching the show but from the reports coming in i get the impression that lynch isn't going for fan service and is trashing the whole "quirky little town" aspect of the original, c/d?

the original twin peaks was david lynch's vision when he was 25 years younger, tailored so it could air on one of the big three television networks back when that meant something

this is twin peaks as made by david lynch 25 years later, when he's older, crankier, and more sure of himself as an artist, who convinced a cable channel (so he can swear and show tits and gore) to pay for 18 hours of whatever he wanted to film

there's tons of fanservice in it but this is still pure distilled lynch which, it turns out, is absurdist and bugfuck. people are going to piss and moan about it no matter what it is because it's never going to live up to 25 years of cult expectations, but it is really good if you like david lynch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zmej posted:

oh god. I finished ep 4. showtime paid david lynch to make an 8 hour inland empire staring kyle maclachlan. I can't imagine this will be well received. we're in for a ride boys

also the most shocking thing is michael cera, what the gently caress

18 hour :getin:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Neurosis posted:

the new black lodge stuff is weird. the woman with no eyes and saying her mother was there while the door was slammed and the laura palmer spirit screaming and vanishing off-screen... maybe i wasn't paying enough attention but i couldn't make much sense of it.

it's surrealistic, you're not really supposed to make much sense of it. it's just spooky

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Neurosis posted:

i think it is meant to have its own internal logic

some of it is and some of it isnt. sometimes lynch is just making weird images because he thinks they are cool

• Locked thread