Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
My neighbourhood cinema had a midnight screening of FWWM last Saturday that I went to but it was only the regular version. What sort of stuff was re-added to the fan edit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I hope Cooper finds his shoes. :ohdear:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

spudsbuckley posted:

*TVIV thread gets two pages worth of posts about how there was a chair leg shown briefly in this one scene in Inland Empire and a character in the original season of Twin Peaks sat down one time *

*someone posts a couple of thousand words worth of fanfic masquerading as analysis *

Why are you even watching this show again? Seems like a waste of your time.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Pretty cool that Lynch fit his sequel to Eraserhead inside a single episode of Twin Peaks, imo.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Maya Fey posted:

The new twin peaks is funny, cool and badass.

:agreed:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

spudsbuckley posted:

"Why are you forming and sharing opinions about something you had an interest in in the past by experiencing the newest released material based on it?"

Every discussion about a particular piece of media doesn't have to turn into a circle jerk of competing fanfics just because the fandom wants to shout everyone else down.

You've wasted almost eight hours of your life on a show you hated since minute one.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Who would of thunk that Jim Belushi could finally crawl out of his brother's shadow?

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Vince MechMahon posted:

Shelly has always had lovely taste in men.

Actually, I think her new relationship with a drug-dealing wizard suggests otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Neurosis posted:

cooper seemed to have elements of both good and evil cooper. his line delivery and generally fairly distant demeanour were like evil cooper, but he still seemed to care about others, and he seemed dismayed at seeing the corpse in new laura's house and distressingly confused at the end.

i agree on the tone change. episode 17 seemed way too cheesy and fluffy a way to tie things up, then the jarring change in 18 re-established the feelings of horror.

Yeah the feeling of dread throughout that entire episode was honestly discomfiting. While I can't pretend that the final episode left me happy and satisfied, it was definitely affecting in a way most media rarely accomplishes. I'll be thinking about it for a good long time.

• Locked thread