Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
nah maclachlan is actually doing some pretty great subtle acting with facial expressions and enunciation of poo poo he parrots and seeing people respond to him is good, that whole bit tonight with naomi watts being furious with him and his "jade give two rides" response and going from livid to bewildered to concerned to scared and sentimental was great

i mean yeah i'd love it if he ate some cherry pie and BOOM coop is back baby quipping about drat good poo poo and giving thumbs fuckin ups to any and everyone and i never ever expected that by the end of the sixth episode we'd still have a shambling retard for a protagonist but i still don't find it boring and i enjoy it enough and trust everyone involved here enough to accept it and keep watching. i kept my expectations pretty low from the first rumors of a third season and its all been way better than i expected, even maclachlan doodling fuckin stairs and ladders for twenty minutes when we're six hours into the season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
i mean gently caress the show basically opened with jacoby getting a mysterious delivery to his forest hideout that was painstakingly teased for five hours in dribs and drabs and the payoff was amazing

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Cacator posted:

I want more Nadine.

ugh seriously just those couple of shots of her were so good, that one where she subtly mouths the last couple of words of whatever phrase jacoby said, smiling and almost crying like she was watching a jesus, was so great. it just said so much about both of those characters, that he's been doing this on the reg for a long time and she's seen every single broadcast. i can't wait to get more of her, big Ed, all the townspeople.

and i almost forgot to mention how great harry dean stanton was last night. what a treasure that man is.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

a hole-y ghost posted:

cum till your eyes roll back, duh

this should be involuntary and i'm actually worried about mac n' smeg :(

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

his last name is horne but he could possibly be Jerry's kid, or maybe audreys retarded brother had a caretaker who facilitated communicationed herself into a delusional love affair with him and richard horne is the product of this rape

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

This episode was a creation myth, an homage to several classical films, a NIN concert video, and an explanation of all the forces at work in Twin Peaks while also tying it in to Lynch's other films. And people are still complaining that nothing is happening and it's all just masturbatory filler.

You're too good for this world, David Lynch.

seriously this was so much fun, we don't deserve a show this good

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

i remember orb lookin like a goatse at one point, gotta screen cap it when i get a chance

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

Veshpo posted:

The theoretical Twin Peaks fan who loves the original show but is just in it for coffee and pie memes and is totally alienated by the Showtime show doesn't exist, it's just another creation by goons who love the idea of someone being offended by the things they enjoy.

this is like all of my friends lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

yeah the idea of someone liking watered down network tv lynch but being put off by eraserhead lynch is just lol and def doesn't describe the majority of ppl who were fans of the original show

• Locked thread