Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I hope he never recovers and a lot of bad fans are pissed off. Great artists give you what you need, not what you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Wait sorry I meant to say drat good coffee pie wraaaped in plaaastic I love joss whedon callbacks and catchphrases and stasis forever!!!!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

hawowanlawow posted:

dang I wish I was as cool as you

Me too.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Don't try to watch 2001 or any other Kubrick movie really. Maybe incredibly talented directors just aren't your "thang?"

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

hawowanlawow posted:

I just want to clarify that I was mocking you personally for your extremely nerdy combativeness and not the show

I wasn't talking to you, don't be creepy.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

But the slowness creates a pleasant zen like state (or creeping dread) so I don't see the downside?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Mordja posted:

Why are you even watching this show again? Seems like a waste of your time.

Seriously, that's what I find frustrating. And that frustration is at least 50% jealousy. I wish I had time to watch poo poo I don't like, much less have time to post about not liking it.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The Dennis System posted:

I probably deserve that. Me getting that angry over a TV show was pretty childish.

Also your username

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Zmej posted:

child death 👌 laura dern 👌 midget hit man 👌 we are the 99% speech 👌 casually ending the episode on veteran suicide 👌

all in one episode and we are a third of a way through this season. I am actually looking forward to see where this goes now

But but but Dougie Jones so it bad and it boring

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Cacator posted:

I want more Nadine.

Same but also Big Ed.

I know they are dead but I'm starting to get a real itch for more Pete and Doc Heyward. I hope the rest of the surviving townies get scenes as good as Jacoby, Andy, and Lucy have had.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Zmej posted:

the wooden desk lever to deploy the screen was hilarious. then I was reminded skype existed because product placement which then ruined the scene.

My favorite part was that he has an elaborate mechanism to raise and lower the screen but his keyboard is just out on the desk 24/7.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

AlphaKeny1 posted:

but then you'll miss the 2 minute sweeping scene in the bang bang bar

That's the Roadhouse you filthy casual Jesus Christ.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

a hole-y ghost posted:

didn't jacques renault die?? whys he alive again

That's the 4th Renault brother we've seen, Jean-Michel Renault.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Guy Mann posted:

smdh at the people who watched all of Lost, Battlestar Galactica, every Marvel movie, etc but somehow Twin Peaks is the point where not having everything explained and building towards something is just too much to handle

Even Twin Peaks (my favorite thing ever) is pretty sophomoric; people just don't want challenging entertainment.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Watching Dougie stumble around for two hours not doing anything isn't challenging, it's just boring.

Hmm, let me reconsider my opinion in light of what an Always Sunny fan has to say.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

The punchline to every joke this that they are bad people, but at least they are delivered by some real community theater level chuckleheads. I tried a few and (get this, Dougie haters) I stopped watching the thing I didn't like and never once posted about it in the Always Sunny thread! Wow!!

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Might as well add "oxygen addiction."

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Veshpo posted:

Pictured: Hanh Nguyen

Red curry in my nose from laughing ouchie.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

SPACE HOMOS posted:

It was pretty easy to see it was about the black lodge, but I enjoy that Bob is made from some CG throw up / creamcorn and Laura Palmer is a golden orb sent to earth.

The scenes with the tall man looked like 90s FMVs.

I'm pretty sure we're all golden orbs before burlesque show goddess kisses us and sends us to this gross black and white plane.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

If lynch really wants to be a bad rear end and confound viewer expectations, then he shouldn't bring back normal Cooper. Not for a second.

The more I think about it, the more I think that this is the only way. You either don't bring back Cooper, or you bring him back and then you kind of have to deal with the emotional fallout of the fact that he's lost 25 years of his life. And he's still in love with Annie. Nah, just keep him Dougiefied, gently caress the casuals that just showed up for coffee and pie catchphrases (as always).

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

hawowanlawow posted:

lol, an un-ironic use of the word "casuals"

What would you call them? "Oh what's all this interesting stuff, I just like to ship Audrey and Cooper hurrrrr"

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Veshpo posted:

The theoretical Twin Peaks fan who loves the original show but is just in it for coffee and pie memes and is totally alienated by the Showtime show doesn't exist, it's just another creation by goons who love the idea of someone being offended by the things they enjoy.

Nah. Pretty much every boomer I know is way disappointed that the new show isn't "fun" like the old show.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Gatekeeper posted:

yeah the idea of someone liking watered down network tv lynch but being put off by eraserhead lynch is just lol and def doesn't describe the majority of ppl who were fans of the original show

That's what I'm saying, they weren't fans of the original show. They caught most of season one, have some fond half-memories, thought some of the cast was hot, but they weren't actually fan.

They were more "casual" viewers, if you will.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

spudsbuckley posted:

:smug: "People who enjoyed the first two seasons didn't actually really enjoy them even though they thought they did."

Old TP was good and watchable, new TP is utter bollocks.

Then why are you in the Twin Peaks Season 3 thread?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

spudsbuckley posted:

The autistic worship-thread is in TVIV.

This is the thread where people give actual opinions on the show without Lynch superfans trying to justify why the show is deliberately awful.

Why do you care if people are enjoying a show you don't? Why don't you want to explain why you don't like it? Why are you still watching a show you don't like?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

No one has explained what they are dissatisfied with beyond "boring." Seems weird.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Now that's some interesting and valid feedback! Do you think you'll still feel the same way if all those stories progress to some kind of conclusion (given, yknow, lynch) by the end?

One of the things I really liked about the original two seasons was that it left us with a lot to chew over and piece together. It took the rise of the internet and a couple decades to figure out some of the weirder connections. If all season 3 does is give us another 25 years of material to figure out I'll be happy as a pig in poo poo.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

It's weird because it's just as easy to say "I don't have the attention span for something like this, I had this same problem with 2001, oh well guess I'll stop watching it" but I guess admitting personal failings isn't seen as a sign of strength these days.

Me, I'm the kind of idiot that loves stuff like this but I really rarely have the insight to figure anything out without other people to help. :/

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

a hole-y ghost posted:

oh hey you're right, I didn't realize it had those little tentacle things.

Wow, neat. I want to see a zillion HD screenshots from that episode.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I don't know if you're joking, but I think you're right. The Black Lodge seems to be a real, literal place and characters like Bob and the giant seem to be a real, albeit supernatural, beings. And season 3 has revealed that Laura Palmer isn't an average girl struggling to deal with this evil in her life, but some sort of preordained chosen one.

I got some real "darth Vader built c3po" vibes from that scene and I'm really hoping they do something to mitigate that "chosen one" thing because it severely undercuts the awesome juxtaposition of the mundane with the horrific established in Laura's story up until that point.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I'll bet he didn't let Mark Frost have any input at all AND he told Showtime not to air an episode on Sunday! That goddam rascal is ruining everything!!!

*keeps watching the show and this thread for opportunities to complain*

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Nah I've been waiting for this for 14 years and it's still exceeding any hopes I've ever had and I've rewatched most of the episodes. Bone to the haters: I didn't rewatch that one that was SUPER Dougie heavy because hey I enjoy the slow burn on that storyline but I don't need it twice. I'm happy as a pig in poo poo with the show and just annoyed with the really really shallow criticism. There's probably more structured and considered hate in TVIV but fuuuuuck that.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I made it 14 years between new episodes since falling in love with TP in 2003 but they skip one week in the new run and I'm having nic fits something fierce over it. Go to bed you stupid kids, daddy needs his fix.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

a hole-y ghost posted:

If your kids don't want to watch Twin Peaks with you, they should be disowned

They are four, one, and one! Come on, man!

They've only seen Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart so far, of course.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

All I really ask from a Star Trek movie is a few good McCoy lines, and all I ask from a Twin Peaks season is a few good Albert lines. Mission accomplished, I'd say.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Dear god, that episode was slow and uncomfortable. It was so slow I actually miss Dougie. And what the gently caress at that eighty hour long scene of that woman in Gordon's hotel room putting on her sweater and shoes so she could leave. Jesus, why? And yes, something very bad must have happened to Audrey that she would marry that weird dude. Of course, something very bad must have happened to Audrey for her son to be a complete psycho too. God, that was slow.

WHY ARE YOU STILL WATCHING A SHOW YOU HATE

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Vince MechMahon posted:

It's almost as if there is a history of Gordon using strange women doing strange deliberate things involving clothing as ways of relaying code to his agents or something. Nah.

Or even, get this, sometimes it's nice to be forced to slow down and enjoy some nice lighting of a cool set and a pretty lady acting buzzed and silly. Buncha two pump chumps that wouldn't know foreplay if it ran fingernails along the inside of their forearms itt.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I went to the TVIV thread, whoops, it's really bad. Don't be dumb like me.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

hawowanlawow posted:

he tried to defend the honor of professional wrestling and got laughed at

Oh right sorry I wasn't even thinking of that when I posted. It's true, I like pro wrestling sometimes and it annoys me when people don't "get it" (ditto when people "don't get" Lynch).

No, I was thinking of the weird endless debate about Big Ed's Big Editing Mistake and the still-vocal "we want our Cooper pacifier" crew. Back to only talking about TP here, reading the FYAD thread, and otherwise going dark.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

JazzFlight posted:

Er... no, the TVIV thread.

Dude that was mean. :(

• Locked thread